No announcement yet.

Decent starter grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has nothing to really do with any of this, but... I just checked the temp of the flame on my gas stove top in the kitchen with my handy dandy Black & Decker laser temp thingamajig, and it was between 1301 and 1400, depending on where I moved. The black cap thing in the center was well over 2500 degrees!

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post

If your a self taught novice and haven't mastered the steak maybe you ought to look @ baking .
      Baking is for bitches. Who said I haven't mastered it? I'm a better cook than you, or anyone you know.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I can burn popcorn better'n any of you motherfuckers!!

Comment

Ever done the Texas Steak cook off in Hico ? Maybe we can make challenge there ?

Comment

Fucking steak off!!!!! I'll be the taste tester.

Comment

For you Weber owners

From Slickdeals:

Weber Grill Class Action Suit - "Made in the USA" label
              Just got this in email. I know the Weber performed was on sale at Lowes recently, and I bought one from Home Depot in November of last year.

Important details:

the Class Members are all persons who purchased a qualifying Weber Product for end-use from February 15, 2007, through February 15, 2012, which bore the designation “MADE IN USA

Go-Anywhere® gas grills
              Weber® Q® gas grills
              Weber® Q® electric grills
              Spirit® gas grills
              Genesis® gas grills
              Summit® gas grills
              PERFORMER® GAS IGNITION CHARCOAL GRILLS
              Performer® charcoal grills
              CHARCOAL GRILLS & SMOKERS
              Smokey Joe® charcoal grills
              Go-Anywhere® charcoal grills
              One-Touch® charcoal grills
              Char-Q® charcoal grills
              Ranch® charcoal grills
              Smokey Mountain Cooker™ smokers
              GRILL ACCESSORIES
              Weber® Q Stationary Cart
              Weber® Charcoal Briquette Holder
              Weber One-Touch® Cleaning System / Blades
              Weber® Work Table
              Weber® Charcoal Cooking Grate
              Weber® Stainless Steel Burner Tubes
              Weber® Igniter Kit
              Weber® Warm-Up Basket/Warming Rack
              Weber® 3-sided T Grill Brush
              Weber® Kettle Rotisserie
              Weber® Hose and Regulator kit
              Weber® Wheel with Hubcap / Hubcaps
              Weber® Charcoal Ash Catcher
              Genesis® Catch Pan Wire Holder
              Summit® Built-in Side Burner

website to make claim:

Legal Notice
              Chambers v. Weber-Stephen Products LLC
              Class Action Case No. 37-2011-00085919-CU-BT-CTL, San Diego Superior Court
              A California Superior Court ordered distribution of this Notice in connection with a proposed settlement of
              a Class Action. This Notice is not a solicitation.
              YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS MAY BE AFFECTED WHETHER YOU ACT OR DON’T ACT.
              PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY
              This notice concerns a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit against Weber-Stephen Products LLC (“Weber”). The lawsuit alleges that Weber violated the law by designating Weber grills and certain accessories as “Made in USA.” Weber believes that because all Weber grills and the disputed accessories are designed and engineered in the USA, and all grills save for one line are manufactured and assembled in the USA using component parts primarily made in the USA, it did nothing wrong and therefore has valid defenses to plaintiff’s claims. The court has not held a trial or ruled in favor of either party on any disputed issues. Weber and the plaintiff have agreed to settle the matter to avoid the costs of continued litigation.
              Under the terms of the proposed settlement, the Class Members are all persons who purchased a qualifying Weber Product for end-use from February 15, 2007, through February 15, 2012, which bore the designation “MADE IN USA” on the product and/or product packaging. The Court has certified the lawsuit to proceed as a class action for purposes of settlement.
              Under the terms of the proposed settlement, Class Members are eligible to receive a check for $2.00, $5.00, or $9.00, depending on the price they paid for the qualifying Weber product. If the Court approves the proposed settlement, to receive the check, Class Members need only submit a completed Claim Form on-line or by mail. The Claim Form can be found online at www.WeberClassSettlement.com in English or en Español, or you can request to have one mailed to you by calling 1-877-219-9788. Each Class Member will be limited to a maximum of three Claims, and payments are available only to those persons who do not opt out of the proposed settlement. The payment offer expires on April 30, 2012, and is not transferable. Weber has also agreed to a permanent injunction, and, subject to Court approval, to pay the named class representative, Doug Chambers, a one-time fee of $5,000.00 to reimburse his expenses and time. Plaintiff’s Counsel will request up to $995,000.00 for attorney’s fees and costs, which Weber reserves all rights to oppose. The Court may award less than the amounts requested.
              What are Class Members’ Options? To ask for cash and stay in the Class, Class Members must submit a Claim Form by April 30, 2012. If a Class Member does not want to participate in the settlement, the Class Member may request exclusion from the Class by June 20, 2012. Class Members may also stay in the Class and object to the settlement by June 20, 2012.
              Do not contact the Court. To get additional information about the terms and conditions of the proposed settlement and your options, in English or en Español, please review the Notice of Proposed Settlement of Class Action online at www.WeberClassSettlement.com, or call 1-877-219-9788.

Comment

hahaha, then the loser of the cook-off gets mad and starts throwing fists.

I dunno, I make a very nice steak at home and it's worth it to cook at home. However there is a couple of select places that make a slab of meat that I'm willing to pay 50+ dollars for it. Then I go into my own zone where nothing else exists and eat as slow as possible.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  Then I go into my own zone where nothing else exists and eat as slow as possible.
                  That's my happy place.

I'm down for a cook off. Only person on here I could see losing to is that Chef, but I don't think he made it over to the new board.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                  X