No announcement yet.

Found: my old '28 Model A coupe in upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't see how you drove that thing. You can see your knee above the door window sill while driving in that one shot. The one time I folded myself into that thing it felt like I was in a coffin with the controls all in awkward places.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I still don't see how you drove that thing. You can see your knee above the door window sill while driving in that one shot. The one time I folded myself into that thing it felt like I was in a coffin with the controls all in awkward places.
      That's why you'll never have a Model A. Or a Cobra. lol

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'd drive that bitch every day! damn thats sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          That's why you'll never have a Model A. Or a Cobra. lol

Isn't there an alternate way to channel them that gives more floor space? I thought I remembered Matt saying if he had it to do over again he would've done something different with that aspect. Not that I'll ever get balls deep into that type of project anyway, but still. I'm good with Mustangs... Or another 57 Bel-Air.. Or another 69 Charger... They all have plenty of leg room.

Comment

You can gain an inch or two here and there... but really dude... look at that pic of the chopped and heavy channelled car. That roof would be lucky to come up to your knee as you stand beside it.

Comment

You can gain an inch or two here and there... but really dude... look at that pic of the chopped and heavy channelled car. That roof would be lucky to come up to your knee as you stand beside it.

Well yeah, I wouldn't even both with something that ridiculous. My BED is higher than that pile. Matts car wasn't retarded like that; it sat just right.

Comment

The biggest gain (and it would be a lot) would be to Z the frame in front of, and behind, the body.

If you look at that second A coupe, you can see where the frame is kicked down just before the cowl. It then goes back up at the rear to allow the axle to sit where it should to keep the body low.

On Matt's car, it was just a straight frame rail from the front to the rear of the car. There is probably 5" or so in floor height that could be gained over his setup.

Comment

Pretty sure that is what he was talking about. Noted for future reference in case I ever decide to go crazy.

Comment

The biggest gain (and it would be a lot) would be to Z the frame in front of, and behind, the body.

If you look at that second A coupe, you can see where the frame is kicked down just before the cowl. It then goes back up at the rear to allow the axle to sit where it should to keep the body low.

On Matt's car, it was just a straight frame rail from the front to the rear of the car. There is probably 5" or so in floor height that could be gained over his setup.
                    Nooooope. Riley Automotive double Z'ed frame. 8" in rear, 4" in front.

See: pic 6 in first post.

On mine the channel was 6" deep and the entire floorpan got pushed up that much. For a while I thought it might be possible to only lose that 6" on the outside of the floor... put a step in your floorban substructure and drop it down between the rails instead of putting it all on top. But the rails are definitely narrow. It would be cramped but could probably work out.
                    Last edited by Strychnine; 02-06-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Very sweet car man. I wished I hadnt moved to florida and got rid of my 29 sedan.
                      07 GT500
                      05 SRT10
                      88 turbocoupe T-bird
                      93 Cobra
                      86 coupe
                      Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                      X