Question for DFWM police????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for DFWM police????

After seeing the post about getting pulled over for the lp cover, I was reminded of when my wife got pulled over.
    She got pulled over in Westlake because the officer thought her stickers were out of date. He told her he was wrong and said sorry, but still asked for her DL/INS and went back to his car and ran her name, making her late for work.
    That’s BS to me. I support the fuzz most of the times, but from what I've seen and heard those Westlake cops are dicks, and nothing more than revenue generators.
    What’s the local po po's take on this? If you mistakenly pull someone over do you still (late ninja edit) inconvenience (late ninja edit) them, ask for DL/INS, and run their name, or say oops and let them go?

Please discuss.
    Last edited by 4bangen; 02-06-2012, 08:29 AM.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    after seeing the post about getting pulled over for the lp cover, I was reminfed of when my wife got pulled over.
    She got pulled over in Westlake because the officer thought her stickers where out of date. He he told her he was wrong and said sorry, but still asked for her DL/INS and went back to his car and ran her name, making her late for work.
    Thats BS to me. I suport the fuzz most of the times, but from what I've seen and heard those Westlake cops are dicks, and nothing more than revenue generators.
    Whats the local po po's take on this? If you mistakenly pull someone over do you still incontinence them, ask for DL/INS, and run there name, or say oops and let them go?

please discuss.
    If they incontinenced them, the po po should provide the diapers.

I wouldn't have a problem personally with having my DL and POI ran, whether or not it was a mistake being pulled over. If it gets one more uninsured driver in trouble, it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      If they incontinenced them, the po po should provide the diapers.

I wouldn't have a problem personally with having my DL and POI ran, whether or not it was a mistake being pulled over. If it gets one more uninsured driver in trouble, it was worth it.
      I could see your point if they were towing cars. But they aren't. And chances are if someone doesn't have insurance, they aren't paying the ticket either. So it seems like wasted effort to me.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

after seeing the post about getting pulled over for the lp cover, I was reminfed of when my wife got pulled over.
        She got pulled over in Westlake because the officer thought her stickers where out of date. He he told her he was wrong and said sorry, but still asked for her DL/INS and went back to his car and ran her name, making her late for work.
        Thats BS to me. I suport the fuzz most of the times, but from what I've seen and heard those Westlake cops are dicks, and nothing more than revenue generators.
        Whats the local po po's take on this? If you mistakenly pull someone over do you still incontinence them, ask for DL/INS, and run there name, or say oops and let them go?

please discuss.
        i normally don't give a shit about spelling/grammar... but damn son pick up a fucking english book!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I could see your point if they were towing cars. But they aren't. And chances are if someone doesn't have insurance, they aren't paying the ticket either. So it seems like wasted effort to me.
          I agree, the LEOs should be impounding cars on the spot for having no proof of insurance.

Comment

last i knew of they DID tow cars with no insurance. did they change that?

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
              Some municipalities publically threaten to, but don't deliver on the threat.

Arlington claimed to be doing so beginning a year or ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                Some municipalities publically threaten to, but don't deliver on the threat.
                i have some buddies that work in balch springs, they will tow your shit in a second! haha

Comment

i have some buddies that work in balch springs, they will tow your shit in a second! haha
                  I like......

There wouldn't be enough space in impound lots to hold all the vehicles in a lot of cities.

Comment

Bedford tows.

Friend got pulled over last month and, since he's going to college, his mother is paying his insurance. She changed her bank accounts and auto draft stopped in November... Bedford towed his shit with a quickness.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Depends on the dept. No insurance, I tow. I've left people on the side of the road at night after directing them to the closest gas station that have had no insurance. If you let that person leave and they go down the road and hurt or kill someone, it's not just their ass, it's yours too.

Comment

Originally posted by rray View Post
                        Depends on the dept. No insurance, I tow. I've left people on the side of the road at night after directing them to the closest gas station that have had no insurance. If you let that person leave and they go down the road and hurt or kill someone, it's not just their ass, it's yours too.
                        i know it's off subject a little, but if you towed someone in the middle of nowhere are you allowed to give them a ride to the next exit or gas station? or is that against policy? or at the officers discretion?

Comment

After seeing the post about getting pulled over for the lp cover, I was reminded of when my wife got pulled over.
                          She got pulled over in Westlake because the officer thought her stickers were out of date. He told her he was wrong and said sorry, but still asked for her DL/INS and went back to his car and ran her name, making her late for work.
                          That’s BS to me. I support the fuzz most of the times, but from what I've seen and heard those Westlake cops are dicks, and nothing more than revenue generators.
                          What’s the local po po's take on this? If you mistakenly pull someone over do you still (late ninja edit) inconvenience (late ninja edit) them, ask for DL/INS, and run their name, or say oops and let them go?

Please discuss.
                          Is it only bullshit because it caused her to be late for work and it would have been perfectly fine otherwise? Perhaps she should leave more than a 5 minute buffer on her commute to work in order to get there on time? I'm not trying to be a dick here, but something that simple should have been like a 2 minute check and go, so it shouldn't have been the cause for her being late.

He had already made the stop, I don't see any issue with making sure she had insurance and her license was vaild and she didn't have any warrants. Petty? Maybe. Being a dick because he may have made an honest mistake on the stickers? No.

Comment

Originally posted by rray View Post
                            Depends on the dept. No insurance, I tow.

If you let that person leave and they go down the road and hurt or kill someone, it's not just their ass, it's yours too.

I've always wondered about this, and why no insurance tickets were even issued. If myself or my family were hurt by somone uninsured, and I found out they had a ticket for it right before, you can bet I'd be looking for a good attorney to go after that agency.

On topic, I would think it's up to the officer that pulled you over. They've already made contact, and thats usually all they need to look further. If you're late because of it, ask the officer for a business card for proof if he dosent issue a ticket. If you have warrants, then you're going to have more to worry about than being late to work.

Comment

I drive slow through westlake.
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                              X