Richardson Cops....really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richardson Cops....really?

Went to church this morning, then lunch with some people all in Richardson near 75 and Campbell.

Get on 75 South from Campbell, following a Richardson cop. He merges on, i merge behind him, going 55 in a 60 in the right lane behind some slow poke. I pull out, speed up to 62, pass the cop and the slow guy infront of him. He pulls out shortly after me, speeds up behind me, hangs out, slows down, speeds up, etc...a few times. Then cherries come on, pulls me over, tells me he can't read my lic plate because I have a cover on it. Gives me a warning and lets me go.

Is this really all they have to do out there? What a fricken waste of time and money!

Rant over
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Be ready to get flamed. I thought they also said you can't have covers over the rear license plate.

Comment

as the resident police officer, i would like to say go fuck your self and take the cover off bitch.

not really a police officer and dont care if you have a cover or not

Comment

I have no problem taking it off, in fact I already did when I got home, but is that really all he wanted to pull me over and waste time for?
        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

At least you don't have warrants...
          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
            I have no problem taking it off, in fact I already did when I got home, but is that really all he wanted to pull me over and waste time for?
            Sundays are actually kinda slow sooooooo.

Comment

I had an officer pull a u-turn and follow me for about 10-15miles before pulling me over for no license plate light the other night... He said he was having a hard time getting the results from running the plates and always wanted to be careful before approaching an unknown person/vehicle... Maybe that was the case with you...

Comment

Youre bitching about getting a warning? What the fuck kind of stupid ass cover to you have on your LP?
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Went to church this morning, then lunch with some people all in Richardson near 75 and Campbell.

Get on 75 South from Campbell, following a Richardson cop. He merges on, i merge behind him, going 55 in a 60 in the right lane behind some slow poke. I pull out, speed up to 62, pass the cop and the slow guy infront of him. He pulls out shortly after me, speeds up behind me, hangs out, slows down, speeds up, etc...a few times. Then cherries come on, pulls me over, tells me he can't read my lic plate because I have a cover on it. Gives me a warning and lets me go.

Is this really all they have to do out there? What a fricken waste of time and money!

Rant over

Just a reason to pull you over and check license, insurance, and warrants. Many big time criminals are caught with simple infractions.

Comment

Points lost for having a stupid ass cover in the first place. Tell us why you had it on there.

Comment

I hate those covers.

It gives me a reason to check and see if you have a DL/INS.

If you do, and no warrants, then I kindly ask you to remove it and have a nice day.

About half the people I stop don't have a DL or INS.

Comment

It's just a smoked cover over the plate, not one of those anti camer covers or anything.
                        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

It's just a smoked cover over the plate, not one of those anti camer covers or anything.
                          It's still a cover, and therefore illegal.

Comment

By law ya cant have anything covering ur LP. I.E. clear/tinted LP covers. They glare like a sum bish and when they get old; well... think of those lovely 87-93 headlights on foxes after a few texas summers. They fade and turn yellow. Near impossible to read when behind them.
                            Sidenote: You also cant have a LP bracket that covers the word TEXAS on the top of the plate. That one is rarely used to get stops, but its useful if you have a potential drunk/suspicous vehicle (3am in ur neighborhood that the car comes back to like Dallas and ur in a Southlake neighborhood). 95% of officer's arent gunna stop and cite you for such stuff. Its just PC to get a vehicle stopped.

Comment

I suppose, and I know he's just doing his job, but I didn't realize they were illegal. Had them on for years in WI and never got anything for it even when being stopped for speeding a few times.

Anyways, it's off now, so no more worries for me I guess. The main thing that got me was the time it took for a verbal warning. I was sitting for almost 20 minutes waiting which is really what got me irritated.

Thanks for the heads up though!
                              2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Working...
                              X