No announcement yet.

I'm about to tie the knot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats! I'm recently engaged myself. Don't take these negative posts personal! Just look who they are coming from..
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
      Congrats! I'm recently engaged myself. Don't take these negative posts personal! Just look who they are coming from..
      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo they got served

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
        I get it, that's why I'm going with the 'ok, prove me wrong and don't make me say, 'I told you so,''' approach.

I'm sure he's a fantastic guy that's in a really shitty situation, but he's quickly becoming the poster child for really bad decisions.
        "Quickly"? There's nothing quick about it. You've been here a year. There's a long history to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          A few things I've noted (and noticed) in over 10 years on this board: The same people have recurring issues, including problems with keeping spouses. Most of these are men, who have become jaded and cynical (about women in particular), but keep making the same decisions and following the same pattern. Some charge full steam ahead right after a nasty situation, only to have another train wreck around the corner.

While that is undeniable, I think most here (Levi excluded) are just reasonably cautious, and rightfully so. I wouldn't even call it pessimistic, really. Like Eric, I think marriage can be a great thing. My parents also just celebrated 50 years.

But the fact of the matter is, there is no fool proof way to be 100% sure of who you are marrying. Many women change the moment they say I do. In a lot of cases, there were warning signs. But in just as many, there were none. I played a bigger role in my marriage ending than she did, though there is plenty of blame to go around. And as such, I'm not bitter. Will I ever get married again? Very doubtful. I like variety, I fly by the seat of my pants, I have a stressful career, I travel a lot, and I'm a selfish asshole, etc. All of those are tough on a marriage. So I just don't see it happening, but it's certainly not because I'm jaded.

My best friend is about to make the biggest mistake of his life, and I've tried talking sense in to him, but he's blinded by the snatch. This girl has "Danger Will Robinson" written all over her. But he's in love, ready to have a kid, and not willing to listen. I wouldn't be a very good friend if I didn't point these things out. It's not my place to harp on them, or hound him about it. But as his friend (and as a decent human being) to let him know what I think once, and leave it alone after that.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Becoming? Oh Jen, you're such a newb!
            Is your sarcasm meter in the shop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              "Quickly"? There's nothing quick about it. You've been here a year. There's a long history to this.
              When I start a sentence with, 'I'm sure [they're] a fantastic [person,] but...' chances are I'm being A) Sarcastic; B) Condescending; C) A complete and total bitch; or D) All of the above.

Comment

When I start a sentence with, 'I'm sure [they're] a fantastic [person,] but...' chances are I'm being A) Sarcastic; B) Condescending; or C) A complete and total bitch; or D) All of the above.
                Gotcha.

Comment

When I start a sentence with, 'I'm sure [they're] a fantastic [person,] but...' chances are I'm being A) Sarcastic; B) Condescending; or C) A complete and total bitch; or D) All of the above.
                  I'm going with D.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Is your sarcasm meter in the shop?

You just watch your tone with me, young lady..

Comment

You just watch your tone with me, young lady..
                      .....Do you wanna gag me?

Comment

.....Do you wanna gag me?

...fuuuuck. You've done the impossible. You've stumped me with a response.

Comment

...fuuuuck. You've done the impossible. You've stumped me with a response.
                          Either the Mayans were a few months off in their calculations, or today is gonna be the best day ever!

Comment

• And what's funny is im actually pretty intelligent, but it is so damned easy to make a wrong choice. I was just convinced, by the wife, that she was not going to bend me over and ram it home. I have zero complaints about the girlfriend. My family adores her. My mother is the first one on the planet that will pick you apart in a second and know what exactly is wrong with you. She loves her!

Im chilling at the house with her little girl today. She is 4 years old and precious. I felt like hanging out with her today, so she got to play hooky from school.

I learned alot about what i did wrong in my marriage and i am not making those same mistakes again. I also no longer have a snap temper and anger issues.........that helps tremendously.
                            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
                              I have zero complaints about the girlfriend. My family adores her. My mother is the first one on the planet that will pick you apart in a second and know what exactly is wrong with you. She loves her!

Im chilling at the house with her little girl today. She is 4 years old and precious. I felt like hanging out with her today, so she got to play hooky from school.

I learned alot about what i did wrong in my marriage and i am not making those same mistakes again. I also no longer have a snap temper and anger issues.........that helps tremendously.
                              How long have you known/dated her?

Comment

How long have you known/dated her?
                                about 4 months. and yes, i know where you are going with this. like it has been stated, you don't even really know them until you put a ring on their finger........and then you don't REALLY know them until you meet them in court.

All i know for sure is that i met someone that is great with my kids, has a stable career, hangs out with me and games with me, is actually interested in meeting my buddies, and thinks i hung the moon. It's refreshing to have a woman that has the same interests as me and would hang out with my friends. The ex never did that. She couldn't stand my friends. All my buddies ever did was be nice to her and she would just snub them.
                                May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                                Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X