I'm about to tie the knot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    man, the word "married" shouldn't even be in your vernacular right now. Go rewatch easy rider and live in the now.
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

PM Sent, if you are still looking for a florist if not then ignore it.
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

You guys are... pretty jaded

Comment

Jaded/experienced... Hell, I think marriage is fantastic when it works. I liked being married. I now like being single. Regardless of what happens in my life, I'll persevere. I wish you the best. And I hope Levi listens to me this go 'round.

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
            You guys are... pretty jaded
            Welcome to DFWMustangs. I'm surprised they haven't grilled you even more.

Comment

Oyee! Send me about 300$ I can get 1 dozen roses for 5$ to 10$ and they outlast proflowers! They are all over the place here in miami :P

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Jaded/experienced... Hell, I think marriage is fantastic when it works. I liked being married. I now like being single. Regardless of what happens in my life, I'll persevere. I wish you the best. And I hope Levi listens to me this go 'round.
                I warned her today that if you dont like her, she is history. She said she will be buying you a couple of rounds. lol
                Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                  I warned her today that if you dont like her, she is history. She said she will be buying you a couple of rounds. lol
                  Dude....at this point, the word 'girlfriend' shouldn't be in your vocabulary. You have fuck buddies for the first year after the divorce is finalized. Then, you move on to being open to accepting a chick that is your kind of crazy....and after a thorough testing of the waters, you start to consider the term 'girlfriend.'

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                    Dude....at this point, the word 'girlfriend' shouldn't be in your vocabulary. You have fuck buddies for the first year after the divorce is finalized. Then, you move on to being open to accepting a chick that is your kind of crazy....and after a thorough testing of the waters, you start to consider the term 'girlfriend.'
                    any chick that is gonna give me a few thousand dollars to get a lawyer to represent me and works her ass off happily can damn sure be my girlfriend.
                    i dont want to go around banging every chick that comes along. been there and done that. I am just happy hanging out with her.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
                      any chick that is gonna give me a few thousand dollars to get a lawyer to represent me and works her ass off happily can damn sure be my girlfriend.
                      i dont want to go around banging every chick that comes along. been there and done that. I am just happy hanging out with her.
                      If you make me say, 'I told you so," it won't be pretty. It will come with full vindication. You've been duly warned.

Comment

• Wow some of you guys are mentally fucked! I've been married almost 10 years and absolutely love her. First of all she puts up with my dumb shit and ongoing projects etc. second she is never a bitch (maybe a little naggy over shit that i should change like leaving my shit everywhere etc). third she takes great care of our son. 4th she handles all of the finances and only bitches when im spending too much money bar hopping lol. I could keep going but ill stop here... some of you guys should choose youre mrs.'s more wisely. not saying my marrige is squeaky clean perfect because i would be lying but we both put fourth an effort every day to do something in the right direction of our goals in life... were not rich, buying a shitty duplex, but we communicate and try to keep each other happy for the most part. Did i mention she's brazillian
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
                          I'm not opposed to being openly bribed.

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                          If you make me say, 'I told you so," it won't be pretty. It will come with full vindication. You've been duly warned.
                          Jen, I've been telling him that for years. Levi is just kind of a dumbass. It doesn't mean we don't like him. It just means we have to help him improve.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Wow some of you guys are mentally fucked! I've been married almost 10 years and absolutely love her. First of all she puts up with my dumb shit and ongoing projects etc. second she is never a bitch (maybe a little naggy over shit that i should change like leaving my shit everywhere etc). third she takes great care of our son. 4th she handles all of the finances and only bitches when im spending too much money bar hopping lol. I could keep going but ill stop here... some of you guys should choose youre mrs.'s more wisely. not saying my marrige is squeaky clean perfect because i would be lying but we both put fourth an effort every day to do something in the right direction of our goals in life... were not rich, buying a shitty duplex, but we communicate and try to keep each other happy for the most part. Did i mention she's brazillian
                          It's funny, all the marriage apologists running forth to say how jaded everyone is. I don't see any one being overly critical of marriage in here. And just fyi, about 2 years ago I would have been making many of the same posts about understanding, communication, and all the other stuff you guys are going on about. You all see where that got me.

It can happen to anyone, because no matter how well you know someone, you never know 100% what is going on in their head, or how they might change. That isn't an indictment of marriage. It's a realistic view of sociology and psychology. I think marriage is great. My parents have been married over 50 years.

Comment

• A few things I've noted (and noticed) in over 10 years on this board: The same people have recurring issues, including problems with keeping spouses. Most of these are men, who have become jaded and cynical (about women in particular), but keep making the same decisions and following the same pattern. Some charge full steam ahead right after a nasty situation, only to have another train wreck around the corner. I've been married a long time (yeah, longer than most of you are old), and it's no magic formula. It does require some effort and it also requires some luck. Do we have tough times? Hell, yeah, we do. It's nice to have someone SHARING that tough time with you. We live in a disposable world where it's too easy to get rid of almost anything: debt, jobs, kids, and also marriages. It's not a generational thing, because friends of mine are the same way. Out of all the people my wife and I know of, about 6 couples our age have stayed married over the years.
                            I think everyone has to find their own "answer", because there's no magic bullet. As for the guys that keep doing the same things? You'll get the same results.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Jen, I've been telling him that for years. Levi is just kind of a dumbass. It doesn't mean we don't like him. It just means we have to help him improve.
                              I get it, that's why I'm going with the 'ok, prove me wrong and don't make me say, 'I told you so,''' approach.

I'm sure he's a fantastic guy that's in a really shitty situation, but he's quickly becoming the poster child for really bad decisions.

Comment

• Becoming? Oh Jen, you're such a newb!

Comment

Working...
                                X