austin homeowner shoots possible thief: charged with murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Without being a criminal defense attorney its hard to say how this is going to end up (I'd say it greatly depends on how good the defense attorney is).....but it doesn't look good for the homeowner at this point. He had no provocation to shoot the guy 3 times while he was FLEEING the scene. Avery Ranch is a nice, modern, upscale, neighborhood in far North Austin/Cedar Park (its not a high crime area by ANY means) and I'm sayin most of the people that live there make a pretty good living (he should have a good attorney).
    I would say he had a pretty good reason to shoot the guy...

Comment

Shoot him, pick up the casings, go back inside, and act surprised when the revenue generators knock on the door. "I heard the shots but was scared to investigate. OMG, what happened?"
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        Shoot him, pick up the casings, go back inside, and act surprised when the revenue generators knock on the door. "I heard the shots but was scared to investigate. OMG, what happened?"
        Good way to end up in prison.

Comment

To each their own, but I will never shoot a person unless I am in fear for my life. I can get a new part for my car.
          Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
            To each their own, but I will never shoot a person unless I am in fear for my life. I can get a new part for my car.
            I'd have to be in the situation, but I agree. I'd most definitely be holding (or trying to hold) the sumbitch at gunpoint though.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Well, I live out in the country now and have over 600 acres to bury a body......and i have nothing better to do with my day than bury a body......and i have a backhoe in the barn.

The US is becoming the most retarded place to live on the planet. They punish good homeowners for killing scum. Just like they award cum guzzling road whore wives everything in a marriage just because she has a cunt.
              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
              Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                Well, I live out in the country now and have over 600 acres to bury a body......and i have nothing better to do with my day than bury a body......and i have a backhoe in the barn.

The US is becoming the most retarded place to live on the planet. They punish good homeowners for killing scum. Just like they award cum guzzling road whore wives everything in a marriage just because she has a cunt.
                Agreed. Owning a backhoe and living in the country would be a LOT easier to get away with...not sure what the authorities would say if the wrecked out car was found close by. Sounds like the makings of a good movie.

Comment

It sucks for the homeowner but I think if it can be proven there is some damage to the car he was under if could get off.

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                    This, its fucked up that this is the world we live in, but a car is insured, and it isn't worth the time or money it would cost shooting someone over it.

Comment

Remember, kids: if you're going to bury a body, cover it with lye before you fill the hole. Most of Texas is over a limestone foundation, and it'll dissolve into the ground readily as it rains and dries out.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                        Currently developing story. Wife wakes hubby, says random Guy is outside under their car at 2:55am, husband confronts Guy and says freeze or ill shoot. Guy runs and homeowner puts a few. 40 rounds in him killing him. Now homeowner is arrested for murder.
                        Did you even read the story?

The dude crashed his car early in the morning, then was wandering around the neighborhood, probably drunk. No where does it mention he was stealing or attempting to steal anything. More than likely was stumbling around drunk, home owner heard a comotion, saw the dude on his property, then shot him. I'm 100% behind the castle doctrine, but this seems like the owner was a little trigger happy, especially considering he yelled "If you flee, I'll shoot". Doesn't sound good for the owner. Neighbors claim this dude is extremely protective of his property and has said in the past that he'd shoot anyone that stepped on it.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                          i call 1911 first then 911
                          qft!
                          68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                          63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                          i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                            This, its fucked up that this is the world we live in, but a car is insured, and it isn't worth the time or money it would cost shooting someone over it.
                            Yes, it really is. Where is the line? Is your home (insured) worth defending?
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                              Did you even read the story?

The dude crashed his car early in the morning, then was wandering around the neighborhood, probably drunk. No where does it mention he was stealing or attempting to steal anything. More than likely was stumbling around drunk, home owner heard a comotion, saw the dude on his property, then shot him. I'm 100% behind the castle doctrine, but this seems like the owner was a little trigger happy, especially considering he yelled "If you flee, I'll shoot". Doesn't sound good for the owner. Neighbors claim this dude is extremely protective of his property and has said in the past that he'd shoot anyone that stepped on it.
                              Seems the man meant what he said
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                                Yes, it really is. Where is the line? Is your home (insured) worth defending?
                                My line is the INSIDE of any door or window in the house...and also anywhere past the garage door (inside the garage). Nobody I don't know should be inside this zone..and will likely be met very harshly with dogs and guns. Inside our 6 foot wooden fenced backyard will most likely result in a gun being displayed..or a very protective 65 pound border collie attacking..maybe both. If I witness someone attempting to break into any of our cars I will display a weapon and tell said person they better get the fuck away...while also calling the police. The SECOND that person displays a weapon (or what might appear to be a weapon) in a threatening manner...it may result in legal issues for myself...but I may discharge the weapon toward the yard as a warning. If that doesn't stop the threatening motion...it will prolly be one to the chest.

Comment

Working...
                                X