Camera - DSLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera - DSLR

I will be going to NYC for my birthday from the 29th to the 1st and since my camera recently died on me, I think I am going to make the jump to a better camera that I have been wanting.

I have been looking on craigslist and was wondering if I can get opinions on what is a good deal and what I should stay away from. I would prefer to stay around $400 bucks.

I found a new Nikon D5000 for $500 minus the charger, and I also found this one that looks like a good deal:

opinions?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

whats dslr?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Digital?
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

i have no idea. we have some little cheap ass camera. i been thinking of getting a better one. i will have to ask jeremy.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          I will be going to NYC for my birthday from the 29th to the 1st and since my camera recently died on me, I think I am going to make the jump to a better camera that I have been wanting.

I have been looking on craigslist and was wondering if I can get opinions on what is a good deal and what I should stay away from. I would prefer to stay around $400 bucks.

I found a new Nikon D5000 for $500 minus the charger, and I also found this one that looks like a good deal:

opinions?
          That second link has the better lens, based off that alone that would be my choice if I were spending the money. I'd have them go out and take a picture pointing at the sky and ask for a photo at F/8, F/11, F16, and F/22. Reason you'd want to do this is to see how clean the sensor is on the camera, if it's a clean sensor then you shouldn't have any spots show up in those pictures.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            whats dslr?

god bless.
            DSLR stands for digital single lens reflex. A single-lens reflex (SLR) camera is a camera that typically uses a semi-automatic moving mirror system that permits the photographer to see exactly what will be captured by the film or digital imaging system (after a very small delay), as opposed to pre-SLR cameras where the view through the viewfinder could be significantly different from what was captured on film.
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              That second link has the better lens, based off that alone that would be my choice if I were spending the money. I'd have them go out and take a picture pointing at the sky and ask for a photo at F/8, F/11, F16, and F/22. Reason you'd want to do this is to see how clean the sensor is on the camera, if it's a clean sensor then you shouldn't have any spots show up in those pictures.
              So that price is reasonable and looks like a good deal? Should I offer less? 340 / 350?

How can you tell what lens the first link has? I don't see the specifications other than "2 ZOOM LENSES" that he mentions in his post.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                So that price is reasonable and looks like a good deal? Should I offer less? 340 / 350?

How can you tell what lens the first link has? I don't see the specifications other than "2 ZOOM LENSES" that he mentions in his post.
                If the two zoom lenses in the first link were good quality lenses then he'd be asking way more for it. Camera body's will slowly lose their value over the years but lenses typically don't. Based on the price alone tells me they are crappy lenses. Yeah that's a good price, depending on what they come with most are going between $350 - $600.

Comment

I didn't see that D60 last night when you were PMing me, I'd go for that one.

Comment

I got a d5000 for $450 off CL a few months ago and it is great. The 18-55 lens is OK, but you need the 55-200 lens at least.

Comment

Got the wife a D90 for her birthday, its awesome.
                      Jon

Comment

Is the Nikon D3100 any good?

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                          I just bought that camera couple of months ago and i love the camera so far it's been great and i think if your a novice or even just a casual photographer it's all you will ever need unless you plan on doing it for $$ then i would step up but other than that its great camera. Here are some of my pics ive taken with my D3100.

Last edited by Goose; 12-10-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                            I just bought that camera couple of months ago and i love the camera so far it's been great and i think if your a novice or even just a casual photographer it's all you will ever need unless you plan on doing it for $$ then i would step up but other than that its great camera. Here are some of my pics ive taken with my D3100.

Thanks

It's for my wife and yeah she is definitely a novice.
                            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                            X