Electricity rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity rates

Is 7.7 per kwh a good rate ? It's fixed and the contract is good for a year .
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

It is if you're planning on consuming the minimum kWh per month it takes to reach that rate. Usually 1000-1500 is the minimum.

Comment

Check on powertochoose.org - and like mentioned - read the details to know what is required ...etc
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

if i remember correctly, i'm at ~8.5 cents per kw/hr, through startex...so yeah, 7.7 is very good, for a fixed rate! who is the provider? check the fine print for additional fees, etc...some of those companies will advertise a low rate, then hit you with all kinds of fees that end up costing more than going with a different company with a higher rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          It is if you're planning on consuming the minimum kWh per month it takes to reach that rate. Usually 1000-1500 is the minimum.
          Also look at monthly base customer charge amounts, if any.

Comment

It's brilliant energy. I called and asked about fees and she said all are included in the 7.7 . The minimum use-age is 1000kwh and it's a 2100 sqf house with 3 kids 4 plasma tvs and a stay at home wife . I will have no prob hitting 1000kwh . And yeah I found it on power to choose . This isn't the type of stuff I normally deal with but I feel as though I'm saving money so it's all good .
            The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

I just signed up for a promotional month with bounce energy. 4.3c for the first month. That will at least give me time to get settled in the new place and look around for some fixed 12 month plans

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
                It's brilliant energy. I called and asked about fees and she said all are included in the 7.7 . The minimum use-age is 1000kwh and it's a 2100 sqf house with 3 kids 4 plasma tvs and a stay at home wife . I will have no prob hitting 1000kwh . And yeah I found it on power to choose . This isn't the type of stuff I normally deal with but I feel as though I'm saving money so it's all good .
                Don't trust to person on the phone, on powertochoose they have the contract information for each one of the deals.

I'm not saying there is a catch. When I could use that, none of the deals were shady that I wanted. There were several "good to know" type of things. Still, they are usually only 3-4 pages and worth reading - just to be sure. Once you agree, the woman's comments are worthless.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I took the liberty of visiting the powertochoose.org website and Brilliant Energy (in the ONCOR service area) on a 12-month plan only offers the 7.7 cents per kWh rate on usage of 2000 kWh and up. They also list a base charge of $8.99 per month on usage of 999 kWh and lower.

I currently have Brilliant Energy as my REP on a 2-year contract ending next October. All of the above was listed in their Electricity Facts Label from the link provided on the powertochoose.org site.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    I took the liberty of visiting the powertochoose.org website and Brilliant Energy (in the ONCOR service area) on a 12-month plan only offers the 7.7 cents per kWh rate on usage of 2000 kWh and up. They also list a base charge of $8.99 per month on usage of 999 kWh and lower.

I currently have Brilliant Energy as my REP on a 2-year contract ending next October. All of the above was listed in their Electricity Facts Label from the link provided on the powertochoose.org site.
                    Sorry 7.8 cent plan . Still looks good to me .

Comment

Sorry 7.8 cent plan . Still looks good to me .
                      Yes the 7.8 cents is still good. As long as you don't drop below 1000 kWh per month the $8.99 base charge won't kick in either.

Comment

I'm not trying to one up you by any means, but we normally only clear 1000kWh during the peak summer months when the AC unit runs the most. 2400+ sqft house built in '84 but insulated well, and also have the stay at home mom with the kids. It will depend a lot on the insulation of the house and how efficient your systems run, etc.

Comment

i think there are a few companys that dont have a minimum usage rate

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                            i think there are a few companys that dont have a minimum usage rate
                            My per kWh rate for 500 kWh, 1000 kWh, and 2000 kWh and above was the same (8.9 cents) when I last entered a contract a year and a half ago. Many months we are slightly below 500 kWh so that was important. Brilliant Energy, along with every other REP at the time, charged a $6.95 base fee for usage under 500 kWh however.

Comment

I'm not sure what my rate is, but in three months in CA, my highest electric bill has been $18. Not having to use heat FTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X