Dave Ramsey-Cash only system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    ...or our government, or our election process, or our...
    “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Been more then a few jacked and taken to an atm machine to draw out their money. Some ATMs hold a lot of money so you could wipe out your whole account.
      I've seen over 600K in a full one when my father was working maintenance on them. He was unarmed at the time (company later changed policy), so sometimes I'd ride with him when I was off duty, just to hang out since he worked from home and responded to calls from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I've seen over 600K in a full one when my father was working maintenance on them. He was unarmed at the time (company later changed policy), so sometimes I'd ride with him when I was off duty, just to hang out since he worked from home and responded to calls from there.
        Damn, no wonder people crash through convenient stores to steal them. I figured they had a lot of money in them, but not that much.
        “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by mr tinfoil hat View Post
          Damn, no wonder people crash through convenient stores to steal them. I figured they had a lot of money in them, but not that much.
          They don't anymore. This was back in 97 or 98. These days they hold a lower maximum because of those types of thefts. Depending on the machine and currency denomination set-up, you can squeeze a cool million in oone of the older, larger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by centexchick View Post
            more supplies than you can use in one session.

Details!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Details!
              saran wrap, 2 1/2 hookers and some blow...

At least that's what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by centexchick View Post
                more supplies than you can use in one session.
                Heh... Only if you doubled up everything to have on hand for after we come home.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                saran wrap, 2 1/2 hookers and some blow...

At least that's what I heard.
                That's a very small portion of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                  Heh... Only if you doubled up everything to have on hand for after we come home.

Shit, I forgot about the turkey and cheese roll ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post

You East Texas people know how to party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Shit, I forgot about the turkey and cheese roll ups.
                      Uhhhh.... The closest thing I get to mixing food with my good times are the obligatory peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I eat in between sessions.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      You East Texas people know how to party.
                      Mix in a little alcohol and cars, and folks begin to get a little jealous of us.

Comment

• Remember kids, money can't buy happiness because money IS happiness.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          Remember kids, money can't buy happiness because money IS happiness.
                          Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Comment

• My truck will be paid off either next week or the week after, and my personal loan will be paid off by the end of January. Other than my other car that my mom is driving, all of my debt is paid off, and all I'm left with are my daily expenses. This will be the first time since I graduated High School 10 years ago.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post

Muff, I always plan for at a minimum quadruple the amount. To stuck to the topic, I always budget extra.

Food is always an option. Sticky is best.

Comment

• Originally posted by centexchick View Post
                                ... plan ..... quadruple .... Sticky is best.
                                See, folks? Sometimes planning works.

Comment

Working...
                                X