Need car (truck) ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need car (truck) ideas!

So..my new job will pay about $400 of my monthly payment on a new(ish) vehicle. (2008+) Obviously, I plan to have the vehicle for more than 11 months, so a 2008 is out of the question. I need a truck, or suv. Prefer something that will be an easy resale in a few years, where I wont lose my ass. So far, the only thing Ive found that seems to fit all those brackets is going to be a Toyota Tacoma X-runner. Im going to be stuck hauling shit, so cars are out of the question. Gas is paid for by the company too..so I dont give a shit about economy.

give me a break! $400 a month plus free gas AND you need our help deciding

Comment

chebby!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        give me a break! $400 a month plus free gas AND you need our help deciding
        just figured id let the all knowing dfw mustangs family illuminate some options I may have passed over.

Comment

how many miles are you going to be putting on this thing? $400/mo really isn't very much if you're going to be in it all the time.

I was getting $750/mo back in 07 and they upped it to $1k/mo in 08
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            how many miles are you going to be putting on this thing? $400/mo really isn't very much if you're going to be in it all the time.

I was getting $750/mo back in 07 and they upped it to $1k/mo in 08
            This.

Cooter was lucky though. I've been getting $700/mo (plus gas reimbursement) for 5+ years, and it doesn't look like they are upping it any time soon. $400/mo might be enough for a Kia. Lol.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Used Tacoma TRD package will be rigt around 400. The newer ones are a little bigger than my 01, but they still won't haul a ton in one trip. Are you pulling a trailer? My taco can basically fit a normal size dresser and a recliner plus little miscellaneous shit. Just to give you an idea how big they are in the bed.

Comment

F150 supercrew less than $400/mo. Just sayin'.

Comment

Toyota FJ Cruiser. I've had mine for 4 years and love it, but it may not have enough room for your needs. You should be able to get one for around $400/mo.

Comment

Like has already been stated, if you run any kind of miles $400(are they taking taxes out of that $400 or sending you a 1099?) won't get you much when you figure in purchase price, insurance, tires, maintenance and breakdowns. Next thing you know you will have a vehicle with tons of miles that you are upside down on and dumping cash into.

With that being said if I only got $400 a month I would be looking for a ranger or probably a reg cab ford/chevy with the small V8.

Comment

Silverado or sierra rcsb.
                      Ded

Comment

What exactly is the truck going to be used for?
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

You need to get off your butt and call Skip at Grapevine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            there you go.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              This. Also, you can get a 2009 or 2010 Tundra for around 30k, so it depends on what your finance rate is going to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X