Honda destroyed by small-claims court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The derp View Post
    Wouldn't stop me from buying other Honda vehicles. Oh snap, we own one (not a hybrid) and it gets better than the advertised miles.
    So? I'm not hating on Honda, I'm just saying some people may reconsider...oh snap.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      Well, if you read up on how they rate the mileage, it's beyond idealistic. The vehicle may have absolutely never in all of development got that MPG while driving down the road, but they'll be happy to put that sticker on the window.
      Right...if the gub'ment says the official MPG test is to drive downhill with a tailwind at 55mph, the companies are going do that and post the results. How is that the company's fault if drivers can't get that result when doing "normal" driving?
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Call me crazy here, but I expect integrity out of the companies and the industry. Post WTF it gets, empty - show the test criteria. (i.e. HWY MPG from 10 mile run on level highway at 54.632 mph with 7 mph tailwind...etc)

Most of us now just research what it's real MPG is anyway. I don't even really look at it on the stickers. The only thing on their that you can trust the dealer will push on you is the cost.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Found this nugget:
          The civic hybrid was indeed getting the advertised MPG until honda reprogrammed the system because of the concerns for longevity of the battery. Owners who got this update reported a huge drop in MPG values overnight. Somebody who got close to 50mpg, would wake up and only get upped 20s the day after reprogramming.

Therefore, the lawsuit has merit because honda has altered the vehicle postfactum w/o revealing that their fix will drastically lower the mpg.
          Now that's interesting.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            Hybrids were one of my fields of study in school and I never found any advantage to them when used as a passenger car. Most hybrids would get better mileage if they ditched the hybrid drive line and stuck in a conventional drive line that delivered similar performance. The perceived mileage improvements that hybrids have comes from a willingness by the drives to sacrifice comfort and performance for something that make them feel goods about themselves.
            You just defined the Democratic Party.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              Found this nugget:

Now that's interesting.
              installed a performance tune.....
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I worked at a Honda dealership when the update came out to "Fix battery longevity." We had people come back complaining of lower mpg.

Hybrids are a joke in Texas. For long distance driving, which most Texans do, you don't use the hybrid system. STOP and GO, is all its good for.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                  I worked at a Honda dealership when the update came out to "Fix battery longevity." We had people come back complaining of lower mpg.

Hybrids are a joke in Texas. For long distance driving, which most Texans do, you don't use the hybrid system. STOP and GO, is all its good for.
                  Seems like all I'm in from Mckinney to Dallas all the time.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

What's interesting is my V6 Edge ran 32 mpg from Cooper to Laredo at 65 mph the whole way. A Prius was running 29-30
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                    X