Birth control recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth control recall

Don't know how many of you have girlfriends on BC. I for one don't need a kid running around yet.

Pfizer, the world’s largest drug maker, has recalled 1 million birth control packs due to an error that mixed up the active and inactive pills in the 28-day package. Dr. Keri Peterson tells TODAY’s Ann Curry what women who have been taking the recalled pills should do.

Pfizer said on Tuesday it was recalling about a million packets of birth control pills in the United States because they may not contain enough contraceptive to prevent pregnancy.
    Don't miss these Health stories

AP
    After teen hockey injuries, safety push gains support
    Two tragic spine injuries in Minnesota high school hockey games in the last month have sparked debate among parents, officials, and fans over how the rough sport can be made safer.
    Mystery illness: Brockovich investigation meets resistance
    Flu faux pas: The etiquette of being sick
    Surprising 30 percent rise in home births
    More men than women have oral cancer virus
    "As a result of this packaging error, the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives may be incorrect and could leave women without adequate contraception, and at risk for unintended pregnancy," according to a Pfizer statement on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website.
    Pfizer found that some packets of the drugs had too many active tablets, while others had too few.
    Oral birth control products use a series of 21 drug tablets and 7 inactive sugar tablets to regulate the menstrual period while providing contraception.
    The birth control pills posed no health threat to women, Pfizer said, but it urged consumers affected by the recall to "begin using a non-hormonal form of contraception immediately."
    The drugmaker said the issue involved 14 lots of Lo/Ovral-28 tablets and 14 lots of Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets.
    A company spokeswoman said the problem was caused by both mechanical and visual inspection failures on the packaging line, The Associated Press reported.
    She said the problem has been corrected.
    The pills were manufactured by Pfizer and marketed by Akrimax Pharmaceuticals and shipped to warehouses, clinics and retail pharmacies nationwide, the company said.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Mirena, look it up.

Comment

Oh hell no! Good thing I live on the second floor apartment.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Thanks for scaring Brooks!!!

Luckily my BC comes from a different manufacturer

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
          Thanks for scaring Brooks!!!

Luckily my BC comes from a different manufacturer
          Pull Out Industries is not a real manufacturer, Brooks is not being honest.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            LOL

This reminded me of my wifes friend. She told my wife her BF doesn't pull out, he pinches his dick right before he finishes to "keep it in". I looked at her without trying to laugh to hard and told her they are both god damn liars.

Comment

My testicles are purely for decoration these days. No worries here.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Mirena, look it up.
                <~~~got pregnant on Mirena.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  My testicles are purely for decoration these days. No worries here.
                  x2
                  1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                    <~~~got pregnant on Mirena.
                    How did that go? I heard it is risky if it happens.

We never had the problem. It actually helped with my wifes mood swings too.

Comment

Pull out industries is the parent company, we use one of their subsidiaries - aka 'the pearl export co.'

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                        Pull out industries is the parent company, we use one of their subsidiaries - aka 'the pearl export co.'
                        I love me some new jewelry!

Comment

<----Approves of ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                            I love me some new jewelry!
                            Ohhhh shiiiiiiiittt!!!!
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It's a tarp!

Comment

Working...
                              X