WTF stocks (amazon earnings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF stocks (amazon earnings)

hey stock folks, can someone explain this to me? i've been burned during earnings season enough and this sob takes the cake:
    Amazon.com (AMZN) this afternoon reported Q4 revenue below analysts’ estimates but reported profit well above expectations. However, the company also forecast this quarter’s revenue well below consensus.

Revenue in the three months ended in December rose to $17.43 billion, yielding EPS of 38 cents.

Analysts had been modeling $18.26 billion in revenue and 17 cents EPS.
    really? how the fuck is earning 38 cents (actual) against 17 cents expected per share is bad? fuck earnings, i want to use someone's head as a god damn bowling ball.

fucking stock is down ~$16 dollars afterhours.
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Blame the analysts!
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

It's about guidance, not the print.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Since I moved, I've been using Amazon a lot. Hopefully next quarter my hard earn money spent will reflect in .000000035 cent increase in stock for you.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

In a nutshell, higher profits are good, but when they come on less sales can be worrisome. Usually that means they scrapped something, fired a bunch of people, etc. They became more profitable on less sales, but those type gains/numbers may be harder to maintain. Investors want to see sales increases to "justify" the profit increase.

I'm with you -- a profit is a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            In a nutshell, higher profits are good, but when they come on less sales can be worrisome. Usually that means they scrapped something, fired a bunch of people, etc. They became more profitable on less sales, but those type gains/numbers may be harder to maintain. Investors want to see sales increases to "justify" the profit increase.

I'm with you -- a profit is a profit.
            The guidance was shit. Too bad we don't have someone around here who does this for a living.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              The guidance was shit. Too bad we don't have someone around here who does this for a living.
              No shit, all we have are CPA's

Comment

If you bought Amazon because you believe in the company over the long term then who cares? If you bought it because you "thought it was going to go up" in the next week then you are probably fucked.

Personally, I could never buy a stock at 11 times book value and a 12% Return on Equity and an even worse Return on Invested Capital. To me that is an overvalued hot mess and the lowered guidance is just reality coming around.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  If you bought Amazon because you believe in the company over the long term then who cares? If you bought it because you "thought it was going to go up" in the next week then you are probably fucked.

Personally, I could never buy a stock at 11 times book value and a 12% Return on Equity and an even worse Return on Invested Capital. To me that is an overvalued hot mess and the lowered guidance is just reality coming around.
                  my nijja, delivering pizzas paid off for you

Comment

Another bit of advice. never, ever, ever, buy a stock that is over $100. Ask my friend. He knows for a fact, you can't make as much money on them because if you invest say, $2000, you can't get as many of them as a stock that costs $10, or perhaps $15. Then when the stock goes up $2, he will make more money because he has more shares than your $100 stock.

Oh, and he has verified this with someone who is an independant broker/invstor...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      Another bit of advice. never, ever, ever, buy a stock that is over $100. Ask my friend. He knows for a fact, you can't make as much money on them because if you invest say, $2000, you can't get as many of them as a stock that costs $10, or perhaps $15. Then when the stock goes up $2, he will make more money because he has more shares than your $100 stock.

Oh, and he has verified this with someone who is an independant broker/invstor...
                      Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Lmfao
                        I'm tellin' ya, several of us have tried to explain it to him, but he refuses and gets all pissed at us when we do. Says he is right and we are not thinking correctly.

Comment

I'm tellin' ya, several of us have tried to explain it to him, but he refuses and gets all pissed at us when we do. Says he is right and we are not thinking correctly.
                          Ask him what happens if they each move 10 percent.

Comment

What's his screen name?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Amat
                              Ba
                              Wft

All three of those are a value buy right now

Comment

Working...
                              X