No announcement yet.

Might be trading in my Subaru STi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're not that upside down at all, if you take it to a new car store, I bet you'd be able to get 30k out of them on trade

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
      I bought one new and the v6 used.
      after literally picking this c6 up for exactly what was owed on it (after he made payments for 3 years) i have vowed that i'll never buy a "new" car in my life. i felt bad, the guy filled the tank before we picked it up and i was thinking, you just paid me $50 bucks to take your corvette from you. aside from needing new front tires it is mint.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        what 6 yrs were you in the business?

margins aren't what they used to be
        It was only 5 years ago. Yes I know the margins aren't there anymore but that is still a markup they will do even today. Did I ever make 4,000 on a used car sale?? very very rarely it's just a starting point.

Regardless of markup I feel that he will only get 24-26 for a trade in..therefore leaving him quite upside down.

There is quite a cult following on these cars..selling it outright shouldn't be that hard to do.

Comment

cult following... and if he's got low miles on it, it'll fetch good money
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
            The car is 2011 WRX STi 5 door (hatch) version. It's got 20,000 miles on it.
            20k on a 2011 is kind of high for a 1 year old car

Comment

lol that's what I said (cult following)
              Also, he stated earlier that it has 20,000 miles on it sooooooooooooo.........

Comment

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, he's not going to lose his ass on it

Comment

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, he's not going to lose his ass on it
                  LOL that's not what I meant. You said that if he had low miles it would fetch good money....it's an '11 with 20,000 miles that's not low.

That being said he can still sell the car with no problem. It's a bad ass car and I would love to have it myself.

The only problem I see him having is him being able to pay the difference himself if he does sell it outright. The last thing he needs to do is let it go back but things happen sometimes.

Comment

lol, fair enough

I've been driving trucks for too long. 20k is low miles to me, but you're right. a 1yr old car w/ 20k isn't low mile

Comment

...but they are "adult" driven miles. I'd assume mostly highway to put that many miles on so quick.

Sounds like OP has enough toys to sell off, to make up any difference, to let it go back to the bank is chickenshit. IMO of course.

Comment

lol, fair enough

I've been driving trucks for too long. 20k is low miles to me, but you're right. a 1yr old car w/ 20k isn't low mile
                        I agree..I bought a Chevrolet Cruze for a work car in April and I have 32k on it right now. Talk about high mileage!!!

Comment

If I worked at company A for 2 years, and was laid off, then within 2 weeks went to work for company B, and worked there for 2 weeks and was laid off.... .... am I eligible for unemployment benefits through either company? If so, which one? I always thought that you had to be employed for at least 30 days before you were

I guess I was a few months too early. I don't need a car payment though...

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
                            Drive it into a lake
                            Hmmmm...
                            http://www.wfaa.com/home/related/Dramatic-dashcam-video-Deputy-saves-women-from-sinking-car-in-lake-138329114.html Lmao at asian drivers.....again. ROCKWALL —A sheriff's deputy is being hailed a hero after pulling two young women from a sinking car early Saturday morning —moments before it slipped beneath the

Comment

Another vote for having it stolen

Comment

call the bank, tell them your situation. ask to defer a couple of payments while you look for another job. I let a car go back years ago and when I needed credit.....it was a bitch finding it.

Comment

Working...
                                X