Van Halen Presale today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Maybe it is the same music and you guys are just now realizing it was all bad?
    No, it's atrocious. I'm far from a Van Halen fan, but their old stuff is incredible compared to Tattoo. That is probably going to go down as the worst song of 2012. One of the biggest piles of shit I've ever heard.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      $165 each in section 115? Hells no.
      Eddie will drink to that!

Comment

Are you serious? Go listen to stuff on the radio in 1978/'79 and tell me how bad they were. They were an entirely different and innovative sound. EVH was doing stuff on guitar that we'd never heard before.

Comment

saw them in vegas last tour a few years ago. it was the most boring concert ive been to, and i like Van Halen. I wont go see them again esp for that price.
          2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Are you serious? Go listen to stuff on the radio in 1978/'79 and tell me how bad they were. They were an entirely different and innovative sound. EVH was doing stuff on guitar that we'd never heard before.
            Exactly....Little Dreamer, Atomic Punk, Unchained, Mean Streets, DOA, etc, etc. Go compare that to most of the garbage that is coming out today and get back to me.

Funny thing...Michael Anthony was always just an average bass player...it was his unmistakable backup vocals that made that classic VH sound. Wolfgang may actually be a better bassist, but he'll never fill the viod there.

This was REAL VH...

70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I'm sure I'm going to get crucified, but I got 2 floor seats when the Amex presale started earlier in the week.

Comment

I hope Kool and the Gang is tight and the horns are cranked!

Comment

You must be young. They have MANY great songs. I don't even consider myself a huge Van Halen fan and I have 71 of their songs on my iPod. I have even deleted the ones that I did not want on there.

Comment

They've always been exceptionally mediocre at very best (a very good example that all of the talent and innovation in the world doesn't lead to good music), but this new stuff is in a whole new ballpark of bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      They've always been exceptionally mediocre
                      Compared to what?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                        They've always been exceptionally mediocre at very best (a very good example that all of the talent and innovation in the world doesn't lead to good music), but this new stuff is in a whole new ballpark of bad.
                        Considering you weren't even alive during their prime, you're basing this on what?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Considering you weren't even alive during their prime, you're basing this on what?
                          I've got ears? Did something magical happen to their albums in the ~20 years between when they produced them and when I heard them? They really don't make 'em like they used to, because that's the craziest shit I've ever heard!

Comment

I'd like to see def leopard in concert

Comment

Wow, a thread about a popular band and dfwm going on about how bad they suck. I'm in utter shock over here. Profound, gentlemen ... profound.
                              Last edited by slow99; 01-28-2012, 10:16 PM.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                                Wow, a thread about a popular band and dfwm going on about how bad they suck. I'm in utter shock over here. Profound, gentlemen ... profound.
                                Really? Van Halen is some of the most one sided shit pop music ever put out. Great, Eddie can go squidlly woo squidly woo for 3-5 minutes at a time... That gets boring quick. I've never understood what the big deal was and never saw a huge difference between the DLR and Hagar days.....

And then to hear their new "tattoo" song... sometimes it's just better to sell the guitars and call it a career.

Comment

Working...
                                X