No announcement yet.

Dad Gets Restraining Order Against Son’s 4th Grade Bully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As sad as it is, there is no other recourse.

Teach your kid to defend himself and you run the risk of a good kid getting suspended or expelled. This follows him throughout his schooling. If he hurts the bully bad enough then the parents are at risk of being sued. The schools now take the road of least liability, which usually runs hand in hand with ignorance.

Our oldest has had bullying problems for many years. My experience with it has shown me that the schools promise zero tolerance with bullying, yet do nothing in regards to helping the situation. He went silent with reporting the bullying because the end result was more aggressive bullying after a "stern talking to".

Fast forward to this year and our child gets elbowed as he pushes to get past the bully and on to the bus. This time he turns around and knees the kid. Sadly, he didn't connect with anything to stop him. The bully then squarely punches him in the face, knocks his glasses off, and steps on them. The school decides it's best to talk to the bully's parents, but not us. Our son had to tell us what happened.

We had to camp the office for 45 minutes until someone finally got the courage to answer to us. The excuses that followed nearly sent me into rage. However, I kept my self composed enough to not utter a single cuss word while chastising them for failing our son, again. I also told them that I have no issues with teaching him how to defend himself.

Jenn doesn't like my tactics, though. I understand her worries, but our son isn't built to withstand a toe to toe brawl. He needs to learn the "equalizing" maneuvers. I have also explained the responsibilities of such actions and what he could potentially be faced with if he didn't have some restraint in utilizing them.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      #2 bjj?
      LOL, he was a tall, skinny nerd; we were 2 of 7 in the advanced geometry class. When I hit him, his glasses went flying and his pocket protector came out of his pocket!
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I told my son that if anyone messes with him a school to first just tell them to leave him alone. Second tell the teacher. Third hit 'em in the nose. He was worried about getting a "red" at school. I told him he may get in trouble at school, but he will get a Happy Meal on the way home!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
          I told my son that if anyone messes with him a school to first just tell them to leave him alone. Second tell the teacher. Third hit 'em in the nose. He was worried about getting a "red" at school. I told him he may get in trouble at school, but he will get a Happy Meal on the way home!
          LOL those were my exact words. You might get in trouble at school but I got your back, Mom was less than amused but agreed anyways.
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            this is exactly what my old man used to tell me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
              LOL those were my exact words. You might get in trouble at school but I got your back, Mom was less than amused but agreed anyways.
              That's how my conversation turned out as well. Our boys need to understand the difference in right and wrong if they're going to grow up to be decent men.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                That's how my conversation turned out as well. Our boys need to understand the difference in right and wrong if they're going to grow up to be decent men.
                Parents like you are the reason I still have hope in the future of this country. I plan on having a child soon, and I will be raising them to know right from wrong and how to defend themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                  As sad as it is, there is no other recourse.

Teach your kid to defend himself and you run the risk of a good kid getting suspended or expelled. This follows him throughout his schooling. If he hurts the bully bad enough then the parents are at risk of being sued. The schools now take the road of least liability, which usually runs hand in hand with ignorance.

Our oldest has had bullying problems for many years. My experience with it has shown me that the schools promise zero tolerance with bullying, yet do nothing in regards to helping the situation. He went silent with reporting the bullying because the end result was more aggressive bullying after a "stern talking to".

Fast forward to this year and our child gets elbowed as he pushes to get past the bully and on to the bus. This time he turns around and knees the kid. Sadly, he didn't connect with anything to stop him. The bully then squarely punches him in the face, knocks his glasses off, and steps on them. The school decides it's best to talk to the bully's parents, but not us. Our son had to tell us what happened.

We had to camp the office for 45 minutes until someone finally got the courage to answer to us. The excuses that followed nearly sent me into rage. However, I kept my self composed enough to not utter a single cuss word while chastising them for failing our son, again. I also told them that I have no issues with teaching him how to defend himself.

Jenn doesn't like my tactics, though. I understand her worries, but our son isn't built to withstand a toe to toe brawl. He needs to learn the "equalizing" maneuvers. I have also explained the responsibilities of such actions and what he could potentially be faced with if he didn't have some restraint in utilizing them.
                  Wow that sucks. I was that goofy kid with glasses that always got picked on. My dad did the same thing for me too, basically teaching me how to not get my ass kicked.
                  Men have become the tools of their tools.
                  -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I LOL'ed at all the guys on here with video game signatures talking about teaching their kids self defense. Sorry but down arrow x o triangles doesn't work in real life. Part of the problem is kids that get bullied have no balls, and that is because of their upbringing.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                      Wow that sucks. I was that goofy kid with glasses that always got picked on. My dad did the same thing for me too, basically teaching me how to not get my ass kicked.
                      Yep, same here....

I was always the smallest guy in my class and every school I went to required the standard "i'm not gonna be fucked with" fight....

I lost about 80% of them but I usually gave as good as I got and the asshole usually went on to an easier target that wasn't going to fight back...

As I got older I learned that as a little guy you should never accept the definition of a "fair fight"....

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                        I was brutally picked on until the 5th grade. My dad had the same discussion with me. His favorite term was to "door pop" someone in the nose. Just a quick jab to tip of the nose, nearly hammerfisted. It resulted in instant watering of the eyes with limited actual damage. If the bully can't see, then the bully can't fight.

He taught me all kinds of ways to stop a threat fast, along with all the varying degrees of personal risk. He made sure I understood the responsibility of knowing how to hurt someone and the chance that I could cripple them. He also told me to never pick a fight, but if I felt I had to start a fight then I had better stick to my convictions when questioned and walk away victorious.

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                          I LOL'ed at all the guys on here with video game signatures talking about teaching their kids self defense. Sorry but down arrow x o triangles doesn't work in real life. Part of the problem is kids that get bullied have no balls, and that is because of their upbringing.
                          How awesome of you to assume that my teachings come from video games. I can assure you that is not the case.

Comment

My dad can beat up your dad.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                              LOL wow what a mature thing to say, I guess I should consider the source when it's coming from someone with a "cool story bro" sig.
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

dad needs to show his son how to break someones nose. one broke nose = no more bullying guaranteed or your money back!!! this is exactly what is wrong with this country pussified to the max.

Comment

Working...
                                X