Pink Slime, "food"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Slime, "food"?

Victory for Jamie Oliver in the U.S. as McDonald’s is forced to stop using ‘pink slime’ in its burger recipe

TV chef was disgusted to discover ammonium hydroxide was being used by McDonald's to convert fatty beef offcuts into a beef filler for burgers

'Why would any sensible human being want to put ammonia-filled meat into their children's mouths? asked Jamie Oliver

McDonald's denies its hand had been forced by TV campaign

Jamie Oliver needs to take his lisping-ass back to England or what ever country he hails from, I cannot stand him.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

won't someone think of the children!

Comment

Old news - it was discovered a while back that pink slime meat was being served in US school meal programs/cafeterias and I think the FDA gave in to consumer pressure to ask the food companies to not use it for school food. It remains in most mass-produced beef patties (frozen) sold in the states via large fast food chains and many grocery stores, etc. The Jack in the Box and other recalls, burger-related deaths were associated with either too much or not enough ammonia in the mixture (bad smell taste or makes you sick/die).

I'm not in the habit of eating or drinking household cleaning solution so would also rather not eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post
          Old news - it was discovered a while back that pink slime meat was being served in US school meal programs/cafeterias and I think the FDA gave in to consumer pressure to ask the food companies to not use it for school food. It remains in most mass-produced beef patties (frozen) sold in the states via large fast food chains and many grocery stores, etc. The Jack in the Box and other recalls, burger-related deaths were associated with either too much or not enough ammonia in the mixture (bad smell taste or makes you sick/die).

I'm not in the habit of eating or drinking household cleaning solution so would also rather not eat it.....Unless I'm drunk and it's 3AM .
          Fixed!
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
            Fixed!
            LOL! Ok - I'll give you that one!

Comment

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post

I'm not in the habit of eating or drinking household cleaning solution so would also rather not eat it.

If You're talking about the JITB recalls way back in the 80's -early 90's it had nothing to do with ammonia.

As for Jamie Oliver - the dude is on a mission, and kudos to him. A large majority of food in this nation isn't fit to serve to diseased pigs. Something needs to be done.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                If You're talking about the JITB recalls way back in the 80's -early 90's it had nothing to do with ammonia.

As for Jamie Oliver - the dude is on a mission, and kudos to him. A large majority of food in this nation isn't fit to serve to diseased pigs. Something needs to be done.
                We need a thanks button here like XDA.

Sent from my iPhail eleventybillion

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  Jamie Oliver needs to take his lisping-ass back to England or what ever country he hails from, I cannot stand him.

Stevo
                  i agree! go home bitch

Comment

Something needs to be done, I am for realistic labeling, but stop short of believing some asshat should be campaigning to have things removed or places shut down. let the public know what they are eating, but still give them the right to make the choice to eat it.

Stevo
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Something needs to be done, I am for realistic labeling, but stop short of believing some asshat should be campaigning to have things removed or places shut down. let the public know what they are eating, but still give them the right to make the choice to eat it.

Stevo
                      That's what he is doing. McD's made the change. All Oliver did was inform people. There isn't anything wrong with that.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That's what he is doing. McD's made the change. All Oliver did was inform people. There isn't anything wrong with that.
                        From the article it sounded to me he was wanting it removed, not labeled.

McDonald's have altered the ingredients after the Naked Chef forced them to remove a processed food type that he labelled 'pink slime'.
                        Stevo

Comment

this is 'Merica we eat wut we want, ill be damned sum fancy talkin britt tells me wut i can haz fer ma kids...

this is disgusting.. people should know what they are eating.
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

But..But.. american corporations can be trusted to regulate themselves!!

or how bout this one

It's about making money who are you to tell a business owner what he has to do! He should be able to make money no matter what the outcome! He's not resposible for his actions as long as he makes money!

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                              this is 'Merica we eat wut we want, ill be damned sum fancy talkin britt tells me wut i can haz fer ma kids...

this is disgusting.. people should know what they are eating.
                              Learn to read, retard....

Stevo
                              Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X