No announcement yet.

crashed my truck, insurance questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal doesnt mean shit. some people turn it on early some late some not at all some people just like the looks of it and never turn it off. shit happens oh well. your mvr now has an accident for 5 yrs and yes youll pay for it. i have an accident on my mvr because of a fucking tire coming apart. Insurance companies will find any way possible to charge you more money u can bet on that. the officers will usually get the report wrong anyways so best thing to say to them is nothing let the insurance companies/lawdogs figure it out.
    Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 12-10-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
      Long read...

Rachel and I went to breakfast on 11/10 and on the way back - got into a "minor" accident, that clearly wasn't MY fault.

quick rundown - we're Westbound on Western center where it meets blue mound (North FTW). Come to the stop sign, stop for a minute or so...(this intersection SUCKS). Traffic finally lets up, guy is heading Northbound in the TURN lane to TURN onto Western Center WITH his turnsignal ON. He gets within ~50yards and I decide to go because I think he's "committed" to the turn - I mean, he's in the turn lane and has his signal on etc...long story short, he crosses the white line, we pull out and he T-bones my truck. We weren't injured, my truck had 4400$ damage, his shitbox Durango was fine (no worse than it already was). Cops come, he flat ass lies and said he was Northbound the hole time... Cops asked me my side, I showed the SKID MARKS that cross the white line and lead up to where his vehicle came to rest and was STILL sitting (I moved out of traffic, luckily he didn't)....

MY truck has already been fixed by USAA/Fivestar Ford. My insurance had me in a rental car in 45 minutes.

I finally got a statement from HIS insurance company and called them. They more or less wanted a recorded statement from me - I did that, and at the end of the conversation she asked me if I had any questions. I asked her for a copy of the police report which she admitted to having. She actually fax'd me a copy - this was the FIRST time I had seen the report. The cop's story and caveman drawing actually matched my statement EXACTLY.. (I had no idea what the cop wrote at the time of the statement)

My questions, are will my rates go up because of this? (I'm sure they will some how). Will my insurance company persue them if they don't pay up since the police report appears to match my statement so good?..and lastly, will those hosers cover my camera that got submerged in my FULL glass of sweet tea?
      Your rate might go up slightly due to this, because it was paid under collision... regardless of fault, if you don't have accident forgiveness, having ANY kind of claim COULD impact your claim free discounts at the very least.

IF you are 100% free of negligence, then typically, your insurance company will subrogate and get back everything but your deductible. They MIGHT get your deductible back for you, but it's highly doubtful. Be sure to ask for that back if the other company accepts responsibility. If they do accept negligence on their insrueds behalf, the other company owes you for your camera too, so be sure they get you compensated properly for it as well.
      Last edited by MutherjuggZ; 12-10-2010, 11:58 AM.
      Originally posted by Vertnut
      I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Working...
      X