Would you make this trade? (Mustangs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you make this trade? (Mustangs)

I put my car up for sale on craigslist and I've got an offer to trade my 01 GT with 102k miles and a little hail damage for an 01 Cobra Vert 137k that may are may not have been run hard. If I made the trade I would probably keep it for a while and sell it down the road sometime. I've had my GT since 2002 so I know how it has been taken care of and maintained.

My Car that I have for sale

Cobra
    Here are the details he emailed me
    its a 2001 cobra convertible, 5 speed, hurst short throw shifter, nitrous injected, magnaflow exhaust, fr500 rims, spec stage III clutch, terminator front bumper and im sure im missing some stuff

Nope. If it was a termi, sure.

It's not.

Comment

It wouldn't even be a question if it was an 03/04 lol, because I would be coming out so far ahead. An 03/04 would be worth over twice as much as my GT.

Comment

Depending on the condition of his car it would definatley be worth it value wise. But why would he want to trade his 4valve for a 2valve? Seems a lil fishy to me.

By the way, thats a nice 69 in the garage.
        Current rides:
        1973 Camaro 350/350
        1991 GMC Sierra Stepside
        2012 Gt500
        2006 Dodge MegaCab 5.9 cummins

Comment

Originally posted by capjmp View Post
          Depending on the condition of his car it would definatley be worth it value wise. But why would he want to trade his 4valve for a 2valve? Seems a lil fishy to me.
          LOL did you not see the picture of the storm trooper? PLus every time I've heard "a little hail damagE" turns out to be a lot more than " a little"

Comment

The GT is the one with hail damage, at least thats how I read the OP.
            Current rides:
            1973 Camaro 350/350
            1991 GMC Sierra Stepside
            2012 Gt500
            2006 Dodge MegaCab 5.9 cummins

Comment

Originally posted by capjmp View Post
              The GT is the one with hail damage, at least thats how I read the OP.
              woops, well my guess is cobra has been wrecked

Comment

My car has the hail damage not the cobra. My main concern is the cobra being ragged out or title issues etc. I figure my car is worth around 5k, I've got it listed at 6k on craigslist. If I could trade for the cobra, cruise it for 6 months or so and then get 7-8k for it I would be pretty happy. It is just kind of on odd offer for there not to be something wrong with the cobra.

Comment

if it sounds to good to be true

if both cars are in good shape id trade in a heart beat

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    My car has the hail damage not the cobra. My main concern is the cobra being ragged out or title issues etc. I figure my car is worth around 5k, I've got it listed at 6k on craigslist. If I could trade for the cobra, cruise it for 6 months or so and then get 7-8k for it I would be pretty happy. It is just kind of on odd offer for there not to be something wrong with the cobra.
                    id venture to say accidents and it willbe hard to sell due to its "custom paint". I can see more than a few things in the pictures.

Comment

The top might be messed up and he doesn't want to replace it.

Comment

With the info at hand, yes, I would do it.

Comment

The GT is a 4v correct?
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Damn I hate when people stretch tires.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I'd keep what you have.

Comment

Working...
                              X