Insurance adjusters inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance adjusters inside

I'm going to look at a house later today that has bad decking on two slopes, either side of the fireplace. Shingles are reportedly in good shape, but one entire valley is bad with lesser damage on the other. This particular property is insured by Allstate. Attic space is limited as hell, meaning you can't get to the underside to definitely pinpoint the leak or see to what extent the decking is compromised, so the only real way to determine how much is to take off shingles.

My question is this: what criterion is used to determine whether or not a claim would be paid? Does this sound like the insured is going to have to eat the entire thing? If so, on a house that's valued at 124k, she's not going to be able to do so and the damage will worsen, likely resulting in a larger claim down the road.

Anyone have any insight into how I can help this lady? And she's single, with no pics. Yet...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

What caused the damage? How old is the roof?
    2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
    2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

What is the claim actually for? Sounds like everything you named is on going maintenance related issues and nothing from a single occurrence. Need to know what the actual claim is for. Also the policy type. Is it hoa, hob, iso form, etc. the policy type will make a big difference. Depending on the type and what she is actually claiming maybe coverage for resulting damages but highly unlikely coverage for all the ongoing maintnance issues.
      2017 Infinity Q50s Red Sport
      2002 NSX

Comment

Originally posted by odenspike View Post
        What is the claim actually for?
        Do you still have that NSX?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
          Do you still have that NSX?
          Yes :-). I actually didn't have it for about 2 years after owning for it 5. I had traded it in and ended up tracking it back down(it ended up in washington state) this summer and bought it back :-) nice to have it back.

2017 Infinity Q50s Red Sport
          2002 NSX

Comment

Working...
          X