Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching from ATT to Sprint? Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from ATT to Sprint? Yay or Nay?

Ive pretty much had it with ATT and there bs about me being in the 5% of data hogs with my iphone. I checked my data right after I got the message and Im at less than 2 gigs! Its BS that they are slowing my connection down!

How is Sprints network? I want to switch and get another iphone with unlimited data, but I want to make sure their network isnt worse than ATT. Any sprint iphone members here? Thoughts?

I've had Sprint for 7 years and haven't had any issues. I haven't ordered the Iphone yet, but the people I know that have them on Sprint don't seem to have any complaints.

Comment

Expect slower speeds with sprint, girl up here at work did the same thing and complains about the speed difference.

Are you on a grandfathered unlimited data plan now?

Comment

Yeah Im grandfathered. How much slower? Its like 2g right now with their bs throttling

Comment

I just told ATT to piss off and went to Tmobile. I have had no complaints on the 4g speeds with Tmobile. They have a 2g up to a 10g plans for internet.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
            I just told ATT to piss off and went to Tmobile. I have had no complaints on the 4g speeds with Tmobile. They have a 2g up to a 10g plans for internet.
            If tmobile had the iphone I'd go back. Ive had every iphone since the first one in 07 (except 4s) and I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
              I'll hit 15 GB for a couple months if the Rangers go back to the playoffs this year
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                Yeah Im grandfathered. How much slower? Its like 2g right now with their bs throttling
                Its noticeable from what she says. I dont understand why your being throttled. I have gone over 2gb a couple times and never got a warning or been throttled that I can tell. I have an android phone and really have to try to go over. I setup a whole bunch of widgets that refreshed constantly and listened to the radio on it while at work to get over the 2 gb limit. I did it to see how high I could get it.

Are you tethering?

Comment

No, Ive never tethered my iphones.

Comment

Coming from a 3GS with ATT on a "grandfathered" unlimited plan I first tried StraightTalk with my 3GS (terrible mistake..that company should have been bombed before it started)...then I switched to T-mobile.....of course this was at 2G speed on my Iphone...it was like not having data. I got a Sensation 4G..speed was not a problem..it was T-mobile throttling the data almost from the get-go..and don't let the advertisements fool you...T-mobile is HARDLY cheaper than ATT once you figure out how they bill you and charge for shit. I am now on an Evo 4G with Sprint...UNLIMITED EVERYTHING...even at 3G its just as fast as my Iphone was...and at 4G theres no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      I am now on an Evo 4G with Sprint...UNLIMITED EVERYTHING...even at 3G its just as fast as my Iphone was...and at 4G theres no comparison.
                      Thanks for the info

Comment

love my sprint. They are switching from 4G WIMAX to LTE in the coming months, their newer phones (nexus, galaxy, etc) should be able to update the software to enable LTE signal vs the slower/older WIMAX technology and Dallas is one of the first markets that will have it.

As for the slow speeds, part of the update to LTE is also the updates they are currently doing to the current 3G and 4G network they have to increase speed across the board. If you can deal with it for a few months, it will be worth while.

I have the $70+10 plan for 450 anytime but with the data, it gives me unlimited to any mobile any time on any carrier, unlimited n&w starting at 7pm, and unlimited data with no throttling after using x amount. Then I get a 27% discount for my employer. Check with sprint on that as most employers will get you some form of discount on your plan. Takes my $80 plan plus tax and brings it to about 65 each month total!
                        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Fuck AT&T that is all the input I have!
                          Originally posted by Nash B.
                          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            I'll hit 15 GB for a couple months if the Rangers go back to the playoffs this year
                            I'll just leave this here...
                            Ok so I was being throttled because I went over my data cap. Very easy to do when streaming Netflix when on the go and streaming Pandora Radio when at work. My data connection was slowed down so much that most everything would time out. So then...

Comment

I recently switched from Iphone on At&T to an Iphone on Sprint.
                              speed is a little slower, but I use tons of data. I am halfway through the first month and I am at 4gb used. Not sure if they will say anything about that.
                              Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X