Help me fire my bank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
    Eric, what's your reasoning for closing out?

FWIW, I work for WF indirectly. They even give ME a hard time on somethings.

Every bank, or FCU has odd quirks - it's a matter of if it will affect you or not.

Stupid ass fees. Well sir, you have to do _____ to avoid this fee, or ______ for this fee. There are way too many other options out there, and after 16 years I'm sick of all their petty little "rules" trying to bloodsuck a few bucks out of me every month.

Comment

Frost Bank.

From personal and business banking to investments and insurance, get everything you need from the Texas bank you know. Learn more about our financial products and services or open a bank account online with us today.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
        Frost Bank.

www.frostbank.com
        My dad's business does all of their banking there. He likes them.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          That was the problem. Interesting that they cashed it once before. Maybe the teller didn't do their job that time.
          You were probably flagged in the system for possible check kiting from the previous time(s).

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
            Frost Bank.

www.frostbank.com
            This. I've been very happy since I switched to them.

I was with compass, but they were more like frost when I joined. Now they are more like B of A, except Argentinian.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Not sure if there is one near you but they give you a % of every debit card transaction (used as a CC at the checkout). I average 3-5 dollars a month in rebates. No fees. You get $105 when you sign up.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                I've got all that through Compass. They even reimburse other ATM fees. Even $6 titty bar ATM fees.
                This. I like them

Comment

Texans Credit Union is a full-service, federally-insured financial institution, established in 1953. Today, Texans proudly serves members throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

I'll never use a bank again, had Chase, Capital One, and some other I can think of, oh Viewpoint. All IMO sucked and cared nothing for the customer, just the shareholders.

100% please with Texans Credit Union
                  2 Chronicles 7:14
                  If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

I was with summit, which was bought by frost a few years ago, and I have been really happy with frost.

They don't refund ATM fees, but everything else is free. Anytime I have had a problem it has always been "yes sir, we will fix it"

Comment

I think this thread can best be summarized as: fuck all big banks.

Comment

I love Chase and haven't had a single issue with them but I dont have to beg for NSF refunds that were my fault either. To each there own.
                        Sometimes you can get better interest rates with CU's but I won't do more than a savings with them. I am sure there are some national Cu's but I cannot name one of them off the top of my head.

Comment

EECU rocks!

Comment

Formerly Kraft CU

Comment

What the hell are you people doing that you have so many issues with the big banks? I've got an account with Chase and an account with BoA and I can't think of any issue or random fee that I've ever had to deal with on either one. I've disputed charges on both accounts before and each one was resolved pretty effortlessly and quickly.

Comment

I have Chase and I like it.
                                BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
                                I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
                                PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Working...
                                X