Forklift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forklift

Looking to purchase a used forklift in the coming week. This is all new to me. Are there any good dealerships in the DFW area that have a big inventory? Any specific brands to stay away from? Any specific problems to look for? Looking for an electric 3000# forklift with low hours.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give.

Why electric? Have you looked into leasing? What are you moving with it.

I've never looked into the used market, but I've been raped when trading a used for a new one. Have you looked on Ebay. My friend found one that was almost identical to one at a local dealer from a individual for around half price.

Comment

We have a Yale 11K or 13K capacity don't remember but it has worked flawless the last 12 years. It is also diesel.
      sigpic
      1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
      1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

We have a Tailift, bought it used about 6 years ago and haven't had a single issue with it.

Comment

get a toyota NG lift over at shoppas!

Comment

Originally posted by tito View Post
            Looking to purchase a used forklift in the coming week. This is all new to me. Are there any good dealerships in the DFW area that have a big inventory? Any specific brands to stay away from? Any specific problems to look for? Looking for an electric 3000# forklift with low hours.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give.
            The chicks you are picking up are gonna break that
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I've got a 2500 lb Clark (gas) that I've had for years.... used it at my business everyday for about 15 years, still use it out here in BFE about once a week. Handy little tool to have on hand.

mardyn

Comment

You will regret a battery powered fork lift. Search Craigslist and you will find that plenty of lifts are on the market for cheap right now. I found a CNG powered clark with a flat head perkins 4 cylinder that needed new hydraulic hoses and a head gasket and paid scrap prices for it.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I work at Briggs Equipment and we are one of the largest forklift dealers in the south. shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch with our sales department, I am in parts.
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I'm going with electric for a variety of reasons. They're less maintenance from what research I've done and it'll be used inside a warehouse. It'll be lifting about 2100 pounds on average and not exceeding 2500. LPG's are noisy and I don't want the stench of fuel indoors. Did not know electric lifts had a bad rep'. Why is that? Seems to be more propane lifts for sale from what I've seen recently. I'll keep what you said in mind. Could possibly use it as a bargaining chip!

Wicked- Checking out a forklift that looks perfect tomorrow, if it doesn't pan out I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

Our unmatched portfolio of intralogistics solutions is designed to complete virtually any task related to the movement of materials within your facility.

Has a good used equipment selection department

Comment

Originally posted by Skidonenko View Post
                        http://www.malinusa.com/

Has a good used equipment selection department
                        Thanks for the link. Will come back to this page for future reference. I got 'er done today on a Mitsubishi 5000# electric lift with just over 1000 hours. Should be delivered tomorrow or Monday. Should be able pick up chicks pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by tito View Post
                          I'm going with electric for a variety of reasons. They're less maintenance from what research I've done and it'll be used inside a warehouse. It'll be lifting about 2100 pounds on average and not exceeding 2500. LPG's are noisy and I don't want the stench of fuel indoors. Did not know electric lifts had a bad rep'. Why is that? Seems to be more propane lifts for sale from what I've seen recently. I'll keep what you said in mind. Could possibly use it as a bargaining chip!

Wicked- Checking out a forklift that looks perfect tomorrow, if it doesn't pan out I'll shoot you a PM.
                          The only person I know with an electric leases them and never has had one longer than two years. To be less than two years old I know he still has problems with them.

Just to give you an idea, my LPG powered 6k daewoo is 11 years old and never has had a repair aside from a couple batteries. It has 3600 hours on it. It does make a little noise, but it is in a warehouse. As far as stench, I've never noticed it but it doesn't stay running for hours on end and the building does have roof vents/16ft ceilings.

There should be around 100 propane lifts for sale for each electric as they are the most common. I swear the Home Depot here uses a LPG inside the store. I also think that after a certain point in weight you have to go with an gas burner.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                            The only person I know with an electric leases them and never has had one longer than two years. To be less than two years old I know he still has problems with them.

Just to give you an idea, my LPG powered 6k daewoo is 11 years old and never has had a repair aside from a couple batteries. It has 3600 hours on it. It does make a little noise, but it is in a warehouse. As far as stench, I've never noticed it but it doesn't stay running for hours on end and the building does have roof vents/16ft ceilings.

There should be around 100 propane lifts for sale for each electric as they are the most common. I swear the Home Depot here uses a LPG inside the store. I also think that after a certain point in weight you have to go with an gas burner.
                            Good information I didn't know. I hear something different from almost everyone I talk to. I did manage to work a fourteen day no questions asked money back guarantee should I not be satisfied. Shipping it back will be on my dime if that's the case. Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Comment

The problem with electric lifts is the battery. They do not last long and are expensive to replace. The charge time also becomes a huge pain in the ass when the battery goes dead and you still have work to do. The charger also needs a dedicated circuit and that can add cost.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X