Tips on selling a pool table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on selling a pool table?

Anyone had any experience with this? Do you even get involved in the break down or just let the buyer handle it? Relevant, useful info appreciated.

When I was in the market I was more interested in seeing one that was assembled. Also makes it easier for the buyer to see what a pain it is to move and, hopefully, more liable to hire a moving company for it...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

When I sold mine, I made sure the buyer was aware that they would need to pay for it to be broken down, transported and put back together. A local place did it all for $250 and I referred the buyer to them. Once they paid the fee, I set up a time that was convienent for me and the buyer to both be there while they did it. Worked out great and everyone was pleased. I strongly urge you not to break it down yourself. Just my .02.

Comment

mine was already taken apart when i got rid of it. It definitely made it harder to sell.

depending on the market, you can expect about half of what you think it's worth to be offered.

Comment

I agree, use a pool table moving company. Its worth the money, if not you have some yahoos show up with three people and scratching up your walls.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

What kind of table is it? Pics?

Comment

Generally you will want to get money for the items you sell.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                LOL!

We bought the pool table from the guy we bought our house from, but it was in the garage and we wanted it upstairs. I took it apart and moved it upstairs and paid to have someone re-assemble it and re-felt it. The slate is fucking heavy, even in 3 pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  mine was already taken apart when i got rid of it. It definitely made it harder to sell.

depending on the market, you can expect about half of what you think it's worth to be offered.
                  Yeah, I can't wait for all the lowball offers to start rolling in. I bought it new six years ago and it's been used less than two dozen times. Solid investment!

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                  What kind of table is it? Pics?
                  I don't want to turn this in to a free advertising thread. I doubt I'll even put it in the classifieds here, but I'll respond to serious pm's.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Very interesting. Tell me more about this "money" you speak of.

Anyone have a reputable tear down/set up company I can recommend to the buyer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    LOL!

We bought the pool table from the guy we bought our house from, but it was in the garage and we wanted it upstairs. I took it apart and moved it upstairs and paid to have someone re-assemble it and re-felt it. The slate is fucking heavy, even in 3 pieces
                    Pics? What kind of table?

Comment

Pool tables are the best coffee tables ever made. They never get used and people just place all their shit on it

Comment

i sold mine to adamlx on here. he came by to look at it while still assembled, then used the same company i used to set up it upstairs in our gameroom to come to my house and teardown and put up at his joint.

god bless
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Trade for a Del Sol? Will you take payments?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Trade for a Del Sol? Will you take payments?
                            lol
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              i sold mine to adamlx on here. he came by to look at it while still assembled, then used the same company i used to set up it upstairs in our gameroom to come to my house and teardown and put up at his joint.

god bless
                              Did you finally devote the whole space to your "King" dolls? You get those custom display cabinets?

Comment

Working...
                              X