looking for a car hauler to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a car hauler to buy

My dad is looking to buy a 16' - 20' car hauler for his new toy because the trailer he has is too narrow.

does anyone know of one for a decent price? I've looked all through CL but figured ya'll might know of one.
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

If he is interested in a new one this is where I've been buying our work trailers. I've bought 2 14k dove tails and one pipe top, seem to be pretty good trailers so far.

Early Trailer Sales is a Trailers dealership located in Early, TX. We sell Trailers with excellent financing and pricing options.

Comment

www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Texas Trailer Man is a full service dealership that specializes in trailers for the motorsport industry, selling steel bed open car trailers and enclosed car trailers, race car trailers, as well as motorcyle trailers, cargo trailers, and utility trailers from several manufacturers. We are located in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Comment

anyone know of Used trailers ? I'll look into these new ones too but he is a used type of guy haha

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
            anyone know of Used trailers ? I'll look into these new ones too but he is a used type of guy haha
            Streme is cheap. I will find out what a new one cost and sell mine to him for that. Cheaper than most I have seen used on craigslist.

Just kidding of course.

When I bought my trailer from Streme in Waxahachie it cost $850 new.
            18' wood bottom
            no brakes
            came with slide in ramps
            used tires
            painted black.

Over the8 yrs I have owned it I have done the following.

All new tires ($200 ish mounted on new rims from Streme and I just sold mine as used on CL)
            Replaced entire wood floor and repainted entire trailer last summer for $225 (Also done at streme).

My dad bought one from Streme a few years ago for I think $1600 but it had dovetail and raised floor. Their prices have come up since I bought mine for 850 back in 2004 but they still have the best prices I have seen.
            Last edited by mustangguy289; 01-24-2012, 01:59 PM.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

cool.... I called but it went to a voice mail so I'll call again in a little bit

Comment

I just called again and you're right... that's damn cheap for a new one.

18' wood bottom (no dove tail) $1385
                16' wood bottom (no dove tail) $1275
                no brakes
                slide in ramps
                (didn't specify new or used tires so I assume new)
                painted black, red, blue, green (custom avail but about 4 week back order)

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                  I just called again and you're right... that's damn cheap for a new one.

18' wood bottom (no dove tail) $1385
                  16' wood bottom (no dove tail) $1275
                  no brakes
                  slide in ramps
                  (didn't specify new or used tires so I assume new)
                  painted black, red, blue, green (custom avail but about 4 week back order)
                  I got 6 years of use out of the used tires mine came with. They might not do that option anymore. I was a senior in highschool and had to go as cheap as possible when I bought mine. I got 7 years out of the paint and wood. The paint on the metal wasn't bad but they only charged an extra $25 when I had them re-wood it so I said what the hell paint the whole thing and now I store it in a barn so I have a feeling I will get more than 7 years out of the wood this time. Mine does not have breaks and I usually tow a 3000lb car on it and it does fine behind most modern vehicles. One of these days I will put a brake axle on it.

BTW my 65 loads and I can open the doors just fine. However, I have had to climb through the windows when loading a lot of other cars including sn95 Mustangs and 69/70 Mustangs so you might want to consider their raised floor option depending on what kind of car he has.
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Thanks for the input. Dads car would have noooo prob clearing. But if I wanted to put. John's wagon, the GTO or my Galaxie on it then we would have a prob

I'm going to talk to them again to get pricing on other options and go from there

Here's dads new project. You can see why I say it will have no probs. it's like a damn 4x4 and he likes it that way
                    ( the trailer it is on is about 1 inch wider then the width of the car. This trailer messed up johns lowered 78 crew cab truck because its so narrow)

Comment

i've got an aluminum 18' with brakes on both axles. would love to get $3k for it
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                        i've got an aluminum 18' with brakes on both axles. would love to get $3k for it
                        I'd love to have it but I know he isn't going to pay that much

I'll give you 3k if you give me the trailer and coat JOHN's new shop floor to make it look like the ones in the other thread

Comment

got pictures...? buddy has been putting off getting one for a while. he only has a 4.8 in his cheby and needs a light trailer....i've been trying to get him to buy a trailer for a while so he doesn't borrow ours anymore!

thanks.

Comment

3500 or 5000 lb axles? If 5k, I might be interested in flipping mine to get yours...

Comment

Working...
                            X