Midland, TX - Where to stay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midland, TX - Where to stay.

I looks like I am headed out to Midland tomorrow morning. Does anyone have a suggestion for an extended stay hotel? My per diem is 100.00 a day. If need be I can share a room with my helper.

Thanks in advance

Odessa

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Odessa
      You have lost your damn mind. Midland is a lot nicer than Odessa. At least it wad 6 or 7 years ago when I lived there.
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        You have lost your damn mind. Midland is a lot nicer than Odessa. At least it wad 6 or 7 years ago when I lived there.
        It used to be that way when I stayed out there too, but the north side of Odessa was actually decent a year or so ago and trumped Midland on hotel rates.

Comment

Odessa is badass.

I hitchiked from the airport to UTPB because my phone was dead.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Any of the new Hotels on the loop by the Sports Complex are good. They are at Loop 250 and 191, there is also Clear Springs and Osaka to eat at right there. I would just avoid the ones on HWY 80/Business 20 or anything on the southside of town.

Comment

I stayed 3 months straight, for half of it I was at a Marriott in Odessa across from the University. The other half I moved myself to a Marriott in Midland - North on the loop if I remember right. All I know is that the Midland stay was much nicer overall. Neither were bad, but you can clearly see after being there a bit that Midland is a little more ... better. Plus, I got a long with Midland Police. Every single Odessa cop I met seemed to think I was a hardened criminal and just pooped in their daughter's eye or something.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You will not find a hotel. Period. You need a couple of weeks advance to get one around here. Oilfield Companies have rented complete blocks out. Also, the lowest rate I've seen was $139 at a POS La Quinta on the southside of Odessa. You want a hotel? Start calling right now and hope you get lucky. Our government per diem is $75 per night and we couldn't find a hotel for some instructors that were coming into town.

I live in Midland. Yes, it is a lot nicer than Odessa. I grew up in Odessa.

Comment

But hey, I might consider renting out my front guest room! It's a master with its own bathroom. All of the pool you want to play as well as Foosball. I'll just charge a $1 per beer and $3 per mixed drink too!

Comment

Yeah, even when I was out there for a stretch - if I did not book my hotel 2-3 weeks in advance it was impossible to find anything. (I'd return for weekends - so we had to book weekly and sometimes I'd fall behind.)
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by WstTexas View Post
                      But hey, I might consider renting out my front guest room! It's a master with its own bathroom. All of the pool you want to play as well as Foosball. I'll just charge a $1 per beer and $3 per mixed drink too!
                      I live here and that is tempting lol, I should just rent out my house and move into your front bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                      X