Car alarm options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car alarm options...

So, its been so long since I've had to mess with the aftermarket alarm stuff... But my 87GT is my daily now, and I would like to deter the thieves as much as possible. I've already lost one mustang, and I don't want to lose this one.

I know alot of ppl recommend EW, but I'm not in DFW anymore. What are some good brands and what can I expect to pay (ballpark). I could possibly use EW if he would do it on a weekend when I come in town to visit... I don't need anything fancy like remote start.

Nobody wants to steal a 225 hp 20 year old Mustang anymore. Leave the keys in it.

Comment

Clifford is all I have ever used and will always use them

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        Nobody wants to steal a 225 hp 20 year old Mustang anymore. Leave the keys in it.
        HAHAHA! Nice.

Alarms are useless.

Comment

If you are not concerned with 2way paging or control of the vehicle, I would recommend the Clifford G5 Intelliguard 770 for the following reasons:
          normally open starter kill
          normally open ignition kill
          Blackjax anti carjack function
          impact sensor
          glass breakage sensor
          coded valet switch
          optional sensors can be added
          Nobody will DRIVE the vehicle off.

For a little less money, you could do the Concept 470 which is similar but does not have Blackjax.

If you DO want two way control, then look at the Clifford Matrix line. I would look at the 330.3X (2way alarm w/o start) and possibly the DSM250 (control alarm and GPS tracking from your phone).
          Clifford is the most recognized name in vehicle security and remote start systems. Clifford products include car alarms, remote starters, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

If you choose the Clifford G5 product, you must choose a shop that is familiar with the product and you must tell them how you want in installed. It is much more involved than your basic $199 alarm. There are MANY options and different features for that product. The G5 product is more difficult to defeat than a traditional "alarm" but it does not communicate with you (page you) if it is triggered. Clifford Matrix product is the exact same as Python and Viper so don't let anyone tell you different.

Comment

Can you do the autostart on a stick though? I'm interested in an alarm for my truck.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Yes. I have owned/sold manual trans remote start since '99.

Comment

Working...
              X