VA benefits cut again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA benefits cut again

Just got this e-mail from my schools VA rep...

Hello,

There has been a change in the way the State of Texas is allowing students to use Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill) and the Hazlewood Waiver simultaneously.

Any student who is using Chapter 30 benefits is NOT permitted to use the Hazlewood Waiver if you are also qualified for the Post 9/11 GI Bill (served after 9/11).

If you have an eligibility letter stating that you are NOT qualified for the Post 9/11 GI Bill, even though you served after 9/11, please bring it in.

Since I just found this out, I wanted to give you as much notification as I received, so that arrangements can be made for the SU/12 semester.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Super bummed. This means I'll go from $1,473 a month to $1,077. FUCK.
    I was using the chapter 30 with the Hazelwood. Looks like I'll have to switch over to the Post 9/11. BAH for waco is fucking $1077.

I know there are several members on this board that are doing the same thing. If you're already on the Post 9/11 it has no effect on you.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

that sucks dude.. tarrant county is 1200ish
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

That sucks! I'm on my last semester of benefits form the GI Bill though, gunna miss that BAH

Comment

Dallas is like 1480... I wad originally told I couldnt do the hazelwood and gi together when I started. But I switched mine over to the post 9/11

Comment

Working...
        X