Supreme Court: Warrants needed in GPS tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Cases like this just illustrate to me why the police can't be trusted with certain powers. If it can be abused, it will be abused. If it can be tested, it will be tested. Morality, conscience or common sense be damned. While the problem is with lawmakers, they aren't the ones who test the courts to see what they can get away with.
    Cases like this?

Did you read the decision?

This GPS lead to the stash house with $850,000 cash, 97 kilograms of cocaine, and 1 kilogram of cocaine base.

It's not like they were tracking a guy with a blunt and the munchies.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      Cases like this?

Did you read the decision?

This GPS lead to the stash house with $850,000 cash, 97 kilograms of cocaine, and 1 kilogram of cocaine base.

It's not like they were tracking a guy with a blunt and the munchies.
      I wouldn't care if they were tracking Charles Manson.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I wouldn't care if they were tracking Charles Manson.

They can't track Manson Al. He's on death row duh... lol

At least all that dope is off the streets. Wonder if the money remains seized?
        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
          They can't track Manson Al. He's on death row duh... lol

At least all that dope is off the streets. Wonder if the money remains seized?
          That isn't the real Charles Manson dude, he's an impostor. I thought everyone knew that!
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Each one of us has our own point of view about this issue. Individual reacts in this particular topic in a different ways that's why there are arguments. But I think we should just respect the law to avoid troubles. Some think a unanimous Supreme Court decision Monday does not go far enough. The court ruled that police are limited in their use of GPS to track suspected automobiles. However, because of a spit in reasoning, the question may not be fully solved. Article source: Supreme court limits GPS vehicle tacking, maybe

Comment

Dahhh i guess i should click the link now.

Comment

Working...
              X