No announcement yet.

would you trade for this Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it depends on your personal situation. For me, I'd say hell no because in the worst case scenario you end up getting stuck with the car, you're stuck with a dedicated track car which I'd personally have no interest in at all.

When you go to try to sell it, you're going to be limited to a very small select group of people and may take awhile to get the money you are looking for to get for it. It takes some serious patience to sell a car right now in this market, but someone out there will give you the money you are looking for cuz thats the car they are looking for. The last car I sold, I ended up making out really good on it, but it took months of patience of answering stupid questions, tons of tire kickers etc.

I think your GTO will appeal to a much larger group of people and will have better odds of selling it to get what you want, rather than being stuck with the Camaro for awhile.

JMO.

Comment

I really kinda like the idea of the having a first gen Camaro though I have no need for one. I also don't "need" the money from selling the goat, I'm just bored with it and tired of it sitting.

I guess after he sends me interior pics and so long as its not stripped bare inside I might see if I can get him to sweeten the deal enough that it I really can't pass it up
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Drom looking at the pic and seeing it has street tires and exhaust pipes sticking out the back I'm guessing it's street legal?
        Also is the rear cut up, mini tubbed? Coil overs and ladder bars I assume?
        As long as the body is good and not all bondo, it runs good it's probably worth between 14 and 18k
        Even with a dual plane intake it's possible to make enough power to run 6.50's just depends on what's been done to the heads, roller cam etc. Steep gears and transbreak will help it run that fast too.

Comment

It depends on how far away from stock it is. If it's got a roll cage welded in and it's been back halfed or the sheetmetal has been gutted - i wouldn't do the deal. If it's not been butchered you might have more value with that thing in pieces. Sell the body to someone thats looking for a restoration project and sell the drivetrain separately - people are always looking for BBC stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
            Lol wut? you don't sail things on CL often, do you?
            he sails quite often actually. He bought the SSfaggot skipper
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I've seen that rat turd goat on CL
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Now I am on my home PC and not my phone I can see the pics a little better. Are these the only ones you got? If the car is a 68 it's missing the marker lights. Also see the wipers gone and it has sheetmetal over the firewall. Missing all of the a/c heater box as well. Tell him you want detailed pics of the underside of the car since it's in the rustbelt. Find out if the quarters were changed or they just shaved the marker lights for looks. Front disc or drum? 10 or 12 bolt? Also see the cage was extended through the firewall and ties the subframe together too. Looks like it's been pretty well cut into but as long as it was done cleanly I will still stand by my earlier post. Also find out if the factory firewall is still there because I'm guessing the trim tag is covered over if it's still there. If you can get a pic of the trim tag I can decode it. Also on the top of the cowl, passenger side and behind where the heater box were are hidden VIN numbers and I would make sure they match the title, especially if you can't see the trim tag. Also if there are no interior panels check at the very back of the quarter windows. 1st gens with lots of power will crack from twisting the sheetmetal there and I have seen quite a few with repairs in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                  Now I am on my home PC and not my phone I can see the pics a little better. Are these the only ones you got? If the car is a 68 it's missing the marker lights. Also see the wipers gone and it has sheetmetal over the firewall. Missing all of the a/c heater box as well. Tell him you want detailed pics of the underside of the car since it's in the rustbelt. Find out if the quarters were changed or they just shaved the marker lights for looks. Front disc or drum? 10 or 12 bolt? Also see the cage was extended through the firewall and ties the subframe together too. Looks like it's been pretty well cut into but as long as it was done cleanly I will still stand by my earlier post. Also find out if the factory firewall is still there because I'm guessing the trim tag is covered over if it's still there. If you can get a pic of the trim tag I can decode it. Also on the top of the cowl, passenger side and behind where the heater box were are hidden VIN numbers and I would make sure they match the title, especially if you can't see the trim tag. Also if there are no interior panels check at the very back of the quarter windows. 1st gens with lots of power will crack from twisting the sheetmetal there and I have seen quite a few with repairs in that area.
                  Thanks, I really don't know much about first gens. This is the problem with it being out of state, can't just go take a look at it.
                  1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Working...
                  X