TX antique plates help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX antique plates help

So I bought a car that had antique plates on it but I been reading recently and it has to be 25 years or older. Car I an 89 lx coupe, can anyone here run an antique plate to see if indeed somehow it was done for this car? Plates read 6R 57

If the car is an 89, there is no way the plates are correct for it. Not unless you're posting from the future.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Weird. Comes back registered to the '89. Wonder how that got through the cracks... unless someone had them on an antique car and transferred them to the '89 and nobody caught it.

Comment

That is weird. I wonder how that will affect the inspections, insurance, etc. on it.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Shouldn't change the insurance they don't ask what kind of plate is on it and you don't need an inspection. I'd roll with it and just keep registering it.

Comment

I run antiques on my brick, it's an 82 though. No inspection required, good for 5 years, and it was $55 when I did them. The 5 years is on a set time frame, 2013 is the next renewal year. You can get them any time, but if you were to register antique this year it would only be good until 2013 and then require renewal at 2018 from my understanding.

Comment

Weird, for those of you who run them, how often are you pulled over to check if you are indeed going to a show or car event? Do you guys drive with them on daily?

Comment

i drove the hell out of my 64 bug with them and never got pulled over or questioned and i drove the thing like it was a go kart every where lol

Comment

Never been pulled over with them, drove the car for about 2 months start beginning of last year and most of last summer

Comment

I've got them on my 69, my dad has them on his 73 Mach 1 and 83 Jeep. Neither one of use have been pulled over yet and questioned. I figure if it ever does happen I'll just tell them I'm going to fill it up, repair shop, car club meeting etc.

Comment

wait a couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                        wait a couple of years
                        huh?

Thanks guys for the replies, was just hoping they weren't stolen plates put on to get the car out, it has an inspection that is still good but no registration sticker on it...

Comment

You don't get a registration sticker with antique plates and you don't need the inspection. Like I said earlier if they let you keep the antique plates when you transfer the title I would roll with it. It is only a few years till it will be 25 anyways.

Comment

Working...
                          X