Anonymous takes down the Department of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    How many pawn stores are shut down similarly?
    LOL, that is the level of retardation we have reached in our government.
    What's worse is these recording industry lobbiest are so dumb they believe the govt can do something about this, so they just throw more money at the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
      Well I believe with megalupload if you pay $200 bucks you get unlimited downloads and you aren't thorttled on the downloading speed from their servers.
      so. who gives a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
        its so funny they target megaupload when there are countless torrents and other sites out there doing the exact same thing they are currently.

It's bullshit. the recording industry should quit worrying about priracy (which is never going away , ever)

It's not like ASIAN countries are ever going to quit pirating movies, get fucking real morons.
        I'm convinced the stupidest fuckors in the world own these recording / copyright assoc.s
        I agree with this guy.

Comment

so. who gives a shit?
          .... Torrenting doesn't cost shit. Regardless I still think it's bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            How many pawn stores are shut down similarly?
            Pawn shops get to stay open because they regularly submit their transactions to the police.

its so funny they target megaupload when there are countless torrents and other sites out there doing the exact same thing they are currently.

It's bullshit. the recording industry should quit worrying about priracy (which is never going away , ever) , and stop putting matt damon in every fucking movie already.

Stop spending 100 million dollars on SHIT movies too while they're at it. (aka every movie it seems like now)
            I do not feel sorry for them, they caused this by making their own shit too expensive for the world. It's not like ASIAN countries are ever going to quit pirating movies, get fucking real morons.
            I'm convinced the stupidest fuckors in the world own these recording / copyright assoc.s
            It's not just the Asians who pirate things. It's damn near every country in the world. I would guess that the only ones not pulling it off are the ones that have regular daytime commercials looking for donations.

Originally posted by aCid View Post
            Well I believe with megalupload if you pay $200 bucks you get unlimited downloads and you aren't thorttled on the downloading speed from their servers.
            This is the basis of the arrest. Megaupload is profiting from this. HOWEVER, the lawyers should be able to sort out the mess fairly well. I say this because they are making the customer simply pay for server usage. What the customer does with their servers are up to the customer. It's a mere hassle at this point for Kim Dotcom.

Sounds just like the cocaine and pot days that brought us the RICO laws. The big guys didn't touch the product, but they ordered others to do it.

^^that is all they could possibly count on in court, unless the dipshit didn't pay his taxes.

Comment

I am the real anonymous!!!!

Comment

It's bullshit. the recording industry should quit worrying about priracy (which is never going away , ever) , and stop putting matt damon in every fucking movie already.

Stop spending 100 million dollars on SHIT movies too while they're at it. (aka every movie it seems like now)
                I do not feel sorry for them, they caused this by making their own shit too expensive for the world. It's not like ASIAN countries are ever going to quit pirating movies, get fucking real morons.
                .torrent files hold no copyrighted data. There's nothing the government could do to those sites even if they tried.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  .torrent files hold no copyrighted data. There's nothing the government could do to those sites even if they tried.
                  The .torrent filetype and extension was created specifically to circumvent the law, essentially.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      The .torrent filetype and extension was created specifically to circumvent the law, essentially.
                      True, but people are all like "go after the torrent sites!" when the torrent sites aren't doing a damn thing that's illegal. Nerds just found a way to do what the government does on a regular basis.

Comment

True, but people are all like "go after the torrent sites!" when the torrent sites aren't doing a damn thing that's illegal. Nerds just found a way to do what the government does on a regular basis.
                        I'd like to see how exactly they got megauploads seeing as it's a torrent site. The only way they could even prosecute would be to build a case off of them facilitating a service which connects other users together for the expressed purpose of sharing illegal files.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Torrents have uses other than piracy.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            I'd like to see how exactly they got megauploads seeing as it's a torrent site. The only way they could even prosecute would be to build a case off of them facilitating a service which connects other users together for the expressed purpose of sharing illegal files.
                            Megaupload isn't any form of torrent site that I'm familiar with. You upload the data to their servers and people can download it.

Comment

Aaaaand Boom!:

Congress puts anti-piracy bill on backburner amid uproar

Comment

Megaupload isn't any form of torrent site that I'm familiar with. You upload the data to their servers and people can download it.
                                LOL it's actually a hosting service? that's fucking ridiculous then, no wonder they got smashed. I thought it was a torrent site.

Comment

Working...
                                X