Anonymous takes down the Department of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Transfer ownership temporarily, shut down the US servers. No harm no foul.
    If outside of the us I agree.

Comment

I can't stand anonymous honestly. Originally it started out as legitimate protesting, but now they're more of a terrorist group.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        I can't stand anonymous honestly. Originally it started out as legitimate protesting, but now they're more of a terrorist group.
        Protesting SOPA isn't legitimate?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I'd respond, but I don't feel like being put on some domestic terror watch list.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I'd respond, but I don't feel like being put on some domestic terror watch list.
            Probably to late for that.
            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
              Protesting SOPA isn't legitimate?
              No, not by taking out legitimate sites. That's not how you represent your cause. They attack all kinds of sites constantly. VISA, Mastercard, DOJ, etc.. etc.. you name it. It's just the wrong way to go about something. It's a damn terrorist organization. I'm just sick of their shenanigans and I think their attacks are going to sway public opinion against them if they keep it up. I think SOPA is ridiculous government power grabbing, but I don't advocate attacking sites in a temper tantrum.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                No it would be like you opening your garage and then offering criminals to put stolen items in there. They know exactly whats going on with their website just like all of us did... They should have found a way to properly regulate it...
                Just to clarify, I thought possession of stolen items was illegal regardless if you knew about it or not. True/False?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                  Just to clarify, I thought possession of stolen items was illegal regardless if you knew about it or not. True/False?
                  It is, but hardly ever prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                    No it would be like you opening your garage and then offering criminals to put stolen items in there. They know exactly whats going on with their website just like all of us did... They should have found a way to properly regulate it...
                    Actually, it would be more like the government arresting executives at Ford because they built cars capable of going over 100 mph. How dare they do that! They should be arrested for wreckless driving and endangerment.

That's about what this is equivalent to. Megaupload is just a means of transportation -- a way to move files -- just as a GT500 is a way to get from point A to point B. Ford has no responsibility for the contents of the car as does Megaupload as long as they give a warning about copyrighted material.

Comment

George Washington was a domestic terrorist.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        George Washington was a domestic terrorist.
                        Yep, and a pothead too. Dude.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Who gives a fuck. Right now there is another website doing exactly what Megaupload did.

Fact is, the media business has changed and the Recording Association and these other assholes are just going to have to deal with it. Or cease to exist. People aren't going to accept ridiculous legislation just to protect the pocket books of a trade organization and their shitty products.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

How many pawn stores are shut down similarly?
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

its so funny they target megaupload when there are countless torrents and other sites out there doing the exact same thing they are currently.

It's bullshit. the recording industry should quit worrying about priracy (which is never going away , ever) , and stop putting matt damon in every fucking movie already.

Stop spending 100 million dollars on SHIT movies too while they're at it. (aka every movie it seems like now)
                              I do not feel sorry for them, they caused this by making their own shit too expensive for the world. It's not like ASIAN countries are ever going to quit pirating movies, get fucking real morons.
                              I'm convinced the stupidest fuckors in the world own these recording / copyright assoc.s

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                                its so funny they target megaupload when there are countless torrents and other sites out there doing the exact same thing they are currently.

It's bullshit. the recording industry should quit worrying about priracy (which is never going away , ever) , and stop putting matt damon in every fucking movie already.

Stop spending 100 million dollars on SHIT movies too while they're at it. (aka every movie it seems like now)
                                I do not feel sorry for them, they caused this by making their own shit too expensive for the world. It's not like ASIAN countries are ever going to quit pirating movies, get fucking real morons.
                                I'm convinced the stupidest fuckors in the world own these recording / copyright assoc.s
                                Well I believe with megalupload if you pay $200 bucks you get unlimited downloads and you aren't thorttled on the downloading speed from their servers.

Comment

Working...
                                X