GM again the world's largest automaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    it's amazing what you can do with unlimited supplies of tax payer money. Thanks government motors.
    obama motors

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
      Ford took govt money.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        Right, BofA just turned in a $2B profit this year...
        I am tired of living in a country that is run as if it was a business....
        You Jelly? I think you're Jelly. Oh yea, he Jelly.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        It's amazing what you can do with unlimited supplies of tax payer money. Thanks Government Motors.
        A blank check can make some great cars.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Airlines and car companies file for bankruptcy because most of their business models are capital intensive nightmares. They look great until they have to maintain planes or retool everything for the 8th time, then the debt catches up with them. GM will be bankrupt again within the next 20 years, just my prediction.
        I would say 20 years is on par with the last 3. Seems spaced out about right.

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
        Whats even more amazing (to me) is the average age of a vehicle on the road in the US is now 11 years. That is a new record. It will be broken again and again if new car prices continue on this upward path.
        Since the car manufacturers started making quality vehicles again, it makes sense to hold onto a solid vehicle. Our Expy is 11 years old, and our Taco is 10. Both are solid vehicles at the moment and it makes no since to go buy a vehicle that isn't necessary right now.
        Last edited by mstng86; 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Since the car manufacturers started making quality vehicles again, it makes since to hold onto a solid vehicle. Our Expy is 11 years old, and our Taco is 10. Both are solid vehicles at the moment and it makes no since to go buy a vehicle that isn't necessary right now.
          Plus the price tag on new vehicles are just crazy. I'm buying used from now on and letting someone else take the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            Plus the price tag on new vehicles are just crazy. I'm buying used from now on and letting someone else take the hit.
            Yup, even some ballas on here have expressed that same feeling.

I have contemplated buying a new Tc for a daily since I commute 45 miles round trip and the gas would be good. The price is fair for a new Tc, but I haven't pulled the trigger.
            Last edited by mstng86; 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Ford took govt money.
              Yup....

People fail to realize this

Comment

You Jelly? I think you're Jelly. Oh yea, he Jelly.

A blank check can make some great cars.

I would say 20 years is on par with the last 3. Seems spaced out about right.

Since the car manufacturers started making quality vehicles again, it makes since to hold onto a solid vehicle. Our Expy is 11 years old, and our Taco is 10. Both are solid vehicles at the moment and it makes no since to go buy a vehicle that isn't necessary right now.
                since/sense = two different words.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                  since/sense = two different words.
                  thank you, kind sir, for your concern about my grammatical well-being. I am so very pleased to see someone is looking after me.

Comment

thank you, kind sir, for your concern about my grammatical well-being. I am so very pleased to see someone is looking after me.
                    anytime.

Comment

I have only owned one GM vehicle. It was a lifetime supply. My ass still burns from that screwing.

It was not a vette, nor LS powered, but should have been ground up to make lemonade.

Fuck GM, with a redwood.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Considering we only have 2 American car companies, it's rather annoying. Chrysler lost my business when I bought the lifetime bumper to bumper and found out a year later it didn't cover exhaust system falling off of it. GM? Gm still owes us billions. I'm not handing them a dime until they are privately owned again.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          GM? Gm still owes us billions. I'm not handing them a dime until they are privately owned again.
                          When was gm private?
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            When was gm private?
                            They have always been a corporation, but I think he means when they are not owned by the government.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                              What will be $70?

If I were buying a new truck it would probably be a GM, if purchased today. If I were buying a gas burner it is the only truck I'd buy. I have a friend who just picked up a 2011 1500 and I really like it. I also like the fact the engine bay makes a foxbody look hard to work on.

When I'm ready for a new truck, who knows, but I still really like my F250 for now.
                              The $70 was a joke.

As for the products of these companies, those are a seperate issue. I like GM trucks just fine. I really like the Corvette. I wouldn't buy stock in any car company though.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X