• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM again the world's largest automaker

They've regained their title:

GM again the world's largest automaker
    10:32 AM, January 19, 2012

It’s official.

General Motors surpassed Toyota and Volkswagen to reclaim the crown of world’s largest automaker with global sales of 9.03 million vehicles in 2011.

That was 11% higher than Volkswagen, which last week reported 2011 global sales of 8.16 million. Toyota has not yet reported its final 2011 sales, but last month the Japanese automaker estimated it sold 7.9 million vehicles globally last year.

Toyota’s sales were constrained by production cuts caused my the March 11, 2011, earthquake and tsunami in northeast Japan, and later in the year by flooding in Thailand.

GM’s 2011 sales rose 7.6% from 2011. Sales in the U.S. led the way for Chevrolet with total vehicle sales of 1,775,812, up more than 13%. China posted record sales of 595,068, up 9.5% from the previous year. Other markets that posted significant year-over-year increases include Vietnam (79%), Russia (49%), Turkey (30%) and Germany (21%).
    I'd like to thank the taxpayers.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

It's amazing what you can do with unlimited supplies of tax payer money. Thanks Government Motors.

Comment

I need a bailout.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        It's amazing what you can do with unlimited supplies of tax payer money. Thanks Government Motors.
        Right, BofA just turned in a $2B profit this year...
        I am tired of living in a country that is run as if it was a business....
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          LOL no shit and no moving more shit out of the country.

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          well leave! it sucks but whats your alternative!?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
            This country is not run like a business. If this company was run like a business we wouldn't have any of these problems. There would be no bail outs, no welfare, no EPA, no post office, and we sure and fuck wouldn't be $17,000,000,000,000 in the hole.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              This country is not run like a business. If this company was run like a business we wouldn't have any of these problems. There would be no bail outs, no welfare, no EPA, no post office, and we sure and fuck wouldn't be $65,000,000,000,000 in the hole.
              That's more like it.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                This country is not run like a business. If this company was run like a business we wouldn't have any of these problems. There would be no bail outs, no welfare, no EPA, no post office, and we sure and fuck wouldn't be $17,000,000,000,000 in the hole.
                LOL, I was thinking damn if America is currently run as a business we need a new CEO

Comment

Fuck govt motors!!!!

All cars they make are POS. except the Z06

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                    Fuck govt motors!!!!

All cars they make are POS. except the Z06
                    Yep, 9 million dumbasses this year decided to spend hard earned cash on a POS. I keep buying GM vehicles because I've had great luck with them. Apparently, I'm not the only one.
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Buy F, they didn't need a bailout!!!

^sarcasm
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

^sarcasm
                        Whatever man, we all know the MCP rare earth play is going to come roaring back any time now and it is the play to make. Just like CSHD did.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

^sarcasm
                          Right but now they aren't as competitive as had they taken a bailout. It's BS, but that is why airlines file bankruptcy...to shed obligations in bankruptcy court, i.e pension, airplane leases, various supplier and subcontractor contracts, etc.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Whatever man, we all know the MCP rare earth play is going to come roaring back any time now and it is the play to make. Just like CSHD did.
                            Hey, dr dave told me it was. I mean, that guy's a doctor!

Comment

I'm happy with my GM. Also glad someone brought up Ford took gUment monies too.
                              WRX

Comment

Working...
                              X