Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truckers, I have a question about my busted windshield...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call the company and try to file a claim.

If a vehicle sets an object in motion and it strikes you car causing damage, it meets the legal definition of an accident and they are liable.

You can bluff them all you want, and it might work.

Send them a bill, and tell them if they don't pay you will take it to small claims court.

Comment

Im shocked nobody has suggested you file a claim on your own insurance (assuming you have full coverage). I've replaced the windshield in my Grand National twice and the one in my GMC once. Each time the deductible was $50 bucks and they fixed it same day.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        Im shocked nobody has suggested you file a claim on your own insurance (assuming you have full coverage). I've replaced the windshield in my Grand National twice and the one in my GMC once. Each time the deductible was $50 bucks and they fixed it same day.
        Post... 2.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Insurance should cover it.

Comment

it had to have been a texas rat snake?
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
            Glad the new 5.0 didn't get it's paint nich
            That's not a word.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              So are your stickers a mangled mess after being pulled and re-stuck or did they have some magical method to removing them?
              thats technically illegal to remove them like that, but some glass guys are good about it and can get them off with out being mangled.

I had luck with new razor blade and the sticker being hot from baking in the sun or heat it with a hair drier or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                I called them. Deductible is $500, just like any other claim for "collision damage to your auto" or "other than collision damage to your auto." And I don't have shit insurance either (Amica). In fact, everyone I talked to said they "had heard" that insurance will cover a windshield but had never actually had it done. Good for you if you have.

I kinda forgot that my buddy DeWayne (aka Butch) is now a glass guy, dammit.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  Call the company and try to file a claim.

If a vehicle sets an object in motion and it strikes you car causing damage, it meets the legal definition of an accident and they are liable.
                  You've lost your mind!

Comment

Flip him off and drive away
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

unfortunate, but i don't see how you could see any liability there? 200 feet ahead and kicked up some road debris. this falls into the shit happens category. i had a lawn chair fall out of the truck in front of me on 114 in my ranger back in the day at highway speeds. it took out the grill and the bug deflector. i reported it, but nothing ever came of it. no injury accident. was cheaper and easier for me to fix the damage vs. hassle of going after the other party to recover damages.

just consider yourself lucky to make it home alive every day when traversing the streets of d/fw.

Comment

Look on the bright side. At least your seat doesn't squeak.

Comment

road debri not their fault. you have no proof that it came from that truck someone could have thrown a rock from the side of the road. file a claim with your insurance and be done with it

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            You've lost your mind!
                            nope i have an accident on my record from a tire coming apart. bs but thats how it works unless you lawyer up which i highly suggest

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                              nope i have an accident on my record from a tire coming apart. bs but thats how it works unless you lawyer up which i highly suggest
                              A tire separating from a vehicle and causing an accident is an entirely different story.

Comment

Working...
                              X