Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious about the % of unlicesed drivers in D/FW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on my 10 years of driving research 50% of Mexicans don't have insurance and 100% of them can't drive. At least that is my findings since I've been run into twice, both were Mexicans and only one had insurance.

I can not attest to the percentages of whites, blacks or asians because none of them have ever crashed into me.

Comment

When I was at Lewisville Municipal a month or so ago waiting to see the judge, at least 8 out of the 10 in front of me when talking had no valid DL at the time of their offense.

Comment

i think i'm done buying insurance
        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

I don't know why anyone would expect a different result. The only penalty is that you pay money to the city or to the state. If there was a mandatory day or two in jail I think people would start to pay attention. But that costs money and actually deters people from doing it again.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

when I worked for Geico back in the late 90's the number was 10% for TX drivers. I'm sure with the economy being bad that number is much higher. I've been hit once by an uninsured but they ended up paying Geico back.

Comment

When my BIL was hit in Weatherford(Hudson Oaks) all, but the one that did not stop, had licenses, but 4 of the five had no insurance. The car that actually caused the wreck did not stop, as he was leaving the beer store. 4 out of 5 is 80%, in this small sample. I asked the LEO if he was going after the uninsured, after they failed to show proof after 48 hours, and he said "No".

I think I know why they drive uninsured. Way cheaper, with no repercussions, in this case.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                when I worked for Geico back in the late 90's the number was 10% for TX drivers. I'm sure with the economy being bad that number is much higher. I've been hit once by an uninsured but they ended up paying Geico back.
                Geico needs to invest in better research.

Comment

If you didn't have any real assets (in your name), and you made a lowly wage, I don't see why you'd bother to have insurance.

One of my buds was involved in a accident with a uninsured vehicle. He got stuck paying the deductible, the SMF that hit him got away with nothing. Not even a slap on the wrist. The only upside is the persons vehicle was totaled.

The part that is really sad to consider is that you have to pay extra for uninsured. Have accident with an uninsured driver and you have to give more money to the insurance company. Insurance is a wonderful scheme.

If I was a $10/hr or less worker I sure as hell wouldn't be insured, so I guess I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    I had a coworker that would sign up for auto insurance, then after she got her card, she'd cancel it.
                    That's more common than you think, and they always pick the companies that have 1 year policies....

Comment

It is hard to get insurance when your license has been suspended due to surcharges.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        That's more common than you think, and they always pick the companies that have 1 year policies....
                        Can they not tell if you have insurance now in some database? The last two times I have been pulled over they did not even want to see my insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                          Can they not tell if you have insurance now in some database? The last two times I have been pulled over they did not even want to see my insurance.
                          Yup, that no longer works. Police pull you over, run your plate and they know if you have insurance or not by the time they get to your window.

Comment

I know a dozen people, all ages an occupations, currently driving without a valid DL. All of them lost their DL as a result of DUI or unpaid tickets and refuse to pay surcharges to get their shit reinstated. They are all white guys that are currently insured, and they all could afford the fee, they just refuse to pay it. Surcharges; keeping us safer!

Comment

appreciate the feedback. 40% - 60% is what i was assuming.

ram57 - you sir, have some shitty luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                I know a dozen people, all ages an occupations, currently driving without a valid DL. All of them lost their DL as a result of DUI or unpaid tickets and refuse to pay surcharges to get their shit reinstated. They are all white guys that are currently insured, and they all could afford the fee, they just refuse to pay it. Surcharges; keeping us safer!
                                How are they insured without a valid drivers license? What insurance company would cover a driver that doesn't have a valid drivers license?

Stevo
                                Originally posted by SSMAN
                                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X