Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious about the % of unlicesed drivers in D/FW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about the % of unlicesed drivers in D/FW?

The thread about the kid who was killed by an unlicensed and uninsured driver kind of peaked my curiosity to check out some of jail custody reports in various cities in the metroplex. Just starting with Lewisville, you can see No DL / No Insurance (among other crimes) is the soup of the day. http://eservices.cityoflewisville.co...ilcustody.aspx And then I clicked on some other random city reports and it's the same story.

I realize this is nothing new, but it seems to be unusually commonplace. And, of course, this trickles down to our pocket books for annual premium hikes. This whole area really is a major ghetto from a crime standpoint, with some affluent pockets here and there for aesthetics. At least it appears that way if you start digging around in the police blotters, regardless of what city.

Anyways...my random thoughts for today.

Based solely on the traffic stops I make I'd say over 60% is missing one or the other...

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
      Based solely on the traffic stops I make I'd say over 60% is missing one or the other...
      That sounds promising from SW Dallas in the mid-late 1990s.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        That sounds promising from SW Dallas in the mid-late 1990s.
        Yeah and as the night gets later those numbers go up...

Comment

True

Comment

My dad who worked for the City of Dallas for 30 years and drove his personal vehicle for work totalled 2 cars in a 10 year timespan by...uninsured drivers.
            My Supra was totalled by an..uninsured driver. My GN has been hit twice...by uninsured drivers. My T/A was hit...by an uninsured driver. The girl that T-boned the 80k Ford Hi-Rail truck I was driving when I worked at Dart...was uninsured. The SMF that hit my mother on Christmas Eve...uninsured.
            I'd guess that about 40% of drivers in the metroplex are uninsured/unlicensed. I carry uninsured/underinsured on all my vehicles for that reason.

Comment

I wonder what the percentage of uninsured drivers is on just this board alone. When it first started, I would imagine it wouldn't have been that great a factor, but these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                I wonder what the percentage of uninsured drivers is on just this board alone. When it first started, I would imagine it wouldn't have been that great a factor, but these days...
                75%
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  75%
                  100%! We're all self-insured ballers with over $1m in assets.

Comment

Don't understand why people drive uninsured it comes out cheaper for them.
                    Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by Drs2288 View Post
                      Don't understand why people drive uninsured it comes out cheaper for them.
                      Are you missing punctuation, words, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                        I read it several times over myself.

Comment

I had a coworker that would sign up for auto insurance, then after she got her card, she'd cancel it.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                            I bet you feel cool now, don't you? Sorry I post off my phone.
                            Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by Drs2288 View Post
                              I bet you feel cool now, don't you? Sorry I post off my phone.
                              Nobody knows what the fuck you were trying to say. It's not about feeling cool. It's not being able to read your crap.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X