Jogger has foot eaten off by pit bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jogger has foot eaten off by pit bulls

The 62-year-old jogger who was attacked by pit bulls in Rainbow Beach Park two weeks ago said Tuesday that he remembers everything that happened that morning, when he kept telling himself to survive.

CHICAGO (CBS) – The 62-year-old jogger who was attacked by pit bulls in Rainbow Beach Park two weeks ago said Tuesday that he remembers everything that happened that morning, when he kept telling himself to survive.

As WBBM Newsradio’s Steve Miller reports, Joseph Finley spoke out for the first time about the attack, which left him severely injured and cost him his foot.

After the two pit bulls started attacking, Finley tried to stay on his feet.

“I knew at that point that if I fell down, at any point, it was going to be disastrous, but as fate would have it, they were able to get me to the ground,” Finley said.

Finley said he kept repeating the same thing over and over to himself.

“Survive. Survive. Joseph, you have to survive,” Finley said. “They had a method to their madness. They knew what they were doing and they did it well and their main objective was to make sure that I was their dinner.”

“These were not just regular dogs, Finley added. “They had a mission.”

Finley said he heard police say their only option was to shoot the dogs when officers arrived at the scene.

“I heard four, five shots. The first two shots, I felt the tug on this leg stop. The next two shots, I felt the tugging on this arm stop and at that point, I felt myself fading,” Finley said.

After police shot and killed the pit bulls, Finley was rushed to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.

“They did a tremendous job. They really did, but the end result is, I lost my foot. They bit it off,” Finley said.

Doctors said the plan going forward is for Finley to go to an inpatient rehabilitation center and they said they are optimistic about his chances of doing whatever he wants to do.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Ib "my pit plays with my kids everyday. He's a big baby. Mine would never do something like this!"

Comment

He should've ran instead of jogged.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Another reason not to run

Comment

At least he put his best foot forward

Comment

I hate it when I start the day off on the wrong foot

Comment

Upside is there's 2 less pits in this world!

Comment

To bad you can't carry a handgun there.

If I can't carry I atleast have a knife.

Comment

Oh yay, more of the same piss poor pun jokes repeated.

Comment

I think I'd be rather ticked off if a dog ate my fucking foot off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Maybe it's all they have? They're just trying to put their best foot forward.

Comment

Clearly, those pit bulls were raised to dine on jogger feet.

Comment

my pitbull would never do that...

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Maybe it's all they have? They're just trying to put their best foot forward.
                            Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

F@CK!! Got beat to the punch twice and ridiculed on my "Piss Poor Pun" thought....Damnit!!
                            Last edited by Gtracer; 01-17-2012, 05:37 PM.
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

What's an old fart like that doing out running in the first place. Get your ass a bicycle and ride it to the neighborhood bar and enjoy a couple of beers. Then go home and take a fucking nap. Works for me
                              sigpic
                              Old Fords Rule

Comment

Working...
                              X