I need some help finding someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help finding someone

I have a customer that has rented a storage unit from me for many years that I am trying to find. He is an elderly man and I believe his memory has been slipping for a few months.

I have his driver's license number, and would like to get some better contact info than I currently have.

He has always been a loyal customer, but he has a few medical issues which affect his memory. I do not wish to cause him undue stress or harm. I merely would like to for him to catch up on rent and check in on him.

If anyone is able to help me, please let me know. I will PM his DL# to you.

Thank you, Robert

stalker

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      stalker
      Heh.. nah.

He is one of our earliest customers, so we have limited information as compared to our newer tenants. He was signed on with a handshake. Now he's 4 months behind.

The last time this happened we found out he had been in the hospital for some major stuff.

His cell phones have been turned off. House phone is disconnected. I hope he's still alive. Otherwise, I guess we would need to contact next of kin to retrieve his belongings.

I wonder if that Nash Metropolitan is still in there?

Comment

I'll give you 500 for the storage bin!
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Sounds to me like he has possibly gone to a better place.
          I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

I have always wondered about this. In the storage business, if someone dies and has left no way to contact their next of kin, or has none at all, what do you do? Can you keep the stuff?
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

There is a show on A&E called storage wars and people bid on the storage unit and buy the whole unit for a set price, I'm not sure if those people died or defaulted on their agreements though.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I have a customer that own's storage buildings, IIRC he basically files what something similiar to a mechanic's lein in my world. He has to send out certified letters and wait a certain amount of time and then he's able to sell of what's there. I have always gathered that he'd rather just have the bill paid and not have to hassle with the other side of it. He does have several large garage sales a year and throw a bunch of useless crap away.

to the original post, have you tried to do a look up on line. If you know the guys name and city/state you can do a reverse lookup on whitepages.com that may net you an address, or use his old home number and see if it gets you an address. Maybe the neighbors to his area could help if he's been moved to a home or something.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  I have always wondered about this. In the storage business, if someone dies and has left no way to contact their next of kin, or has none at all, what do you do? Can you keep the stuff?
                  Well, probate law can get tricky. Especially in the storage end of it.

I have not dealt with this type of scenario yet, so I couldn't say how it will go down.

I have dealt with tenants that defaulted. If it is miscellaneous property, then posting an ad in the newspaper for auction is just about all you have to do. The last time we did this was probably 12 years ago, so the laws may be a little different now.

When a car is defaulted you have to do a title inquiry at the DMV and send a certified letter stating that the car can be retrieved with X amount of storage paid. If the tenant does not respond to that letter, then you send another one after 30 days.
                  When 30 days passes on the second certified letter, then you can start the process of title transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                    I have a customer that own's storage buildings, IIRC he basically files what something similiar to a mechanic's lein in my world. He has to send out certified letters and wait a certain amount of time and then he's able to sell of what's there. I have always gathered that he'd rather just have the bill paid and not have to hassle with the other side of it. He does have several large garage sales a year and throw a bunch of useless crap away.

to the original post, have you tried to do a look up on line. If you know the guys name and city/state you can do a reverse lookup on whitepages.com that may net you an address, or use his old home number and see if it gets you an address. Maybe the neighbors to his area could help if he's been moved to a home or something.
                    The part in bold is VERY true.

I did some quick searching, but I really don't care to pay for the service. We have also received word that him and his wife are now in assisted living. We will just talk to them personally to see what they want to do. Their children had no interest in the belongings of the unit the first time we had this issue, so maybe they'll just sign it over to us. That would be the simplest thing to do.

I know there were several things we were interested in back then. I just hope they're still in there.

Comment

I would still like to find out some more info just in case we have to contact next of kin.

The info on being in assisted living has not been confirmed yet, either.

Comment

Post-up if you end-up selling all the guy's shit!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                          Post-up if you end-up selling all the guy's shit!
                          Will do.

Comment

odd, I am watching Pickers gong through a dead guy's stuff repo'dby a storage co.

Comment

PM me and I'll see what I can find.

Comment

Working...
                              X