The Blind are suing Redbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
    But visually impaired individuals are increasingly troubled by the rise of touch-screen technology. Many banks have employed screen-reading ATMs, but Redbox, according to the lawsuit, "has chosen to rely on an exclusively visual interface."
    The response from Redbox should be "Well excuse the fuck out of us for catering to customers that can actually use our services. Now quit wasting our time."

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
      What's next, braille on drive thru atm machines? Ohhh wait... LOL
      LMAO, and wtf.

Don't retailers have the right to refuse service ? The Chevron by my house excerised that right on me, I'm not sueing ?
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
        LMAO, and wtf.

Don't retailers have the right to refuse service ? The Chevron by my house excerised that right on me, I'm not sueing ?
        Not with the American with Disabilities act, bet they loose...

I just can't see this happening tho, Redbox should turn a blind eye to the lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Not with the American with Disabilities act, bet they loose...

I just can't see this happening tho, Redbox should turn a blind eye to the lawsuit.
          I kinda figured there was something like that in place.
          Vortex rear stand $75
          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
          11 4 door
          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

There's a big difference between totally blind and simply legally blind. I work with a guy that has to hold a book about 1 inch and can't see anything over at 50 yards, but if the screen is big enough he can watch TV and movies just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
              Can you explain? I just figured so a blind person can still use it without telling the driver their pin number and such.
              It's more for manufacturing. There is no need to make an entirely different product line and configuration to remove Braille because it has no negative effect on the machine. It would cost a lot of mobey to make different parts for a non Braille machine

Comment

That's like people with no legs getting pissed at Nike because the laces aren't aesthetically pleasing
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

And people wonder why the cost of things are up so much with stupid shit like this going on. Well, to all of the blind people people reading this, FUCK YOU! Oh, wait, you can't read this, so sit down and STFU!
                  Last edited by line-em-up; 01-14-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Didn't see that coming

Comment

I'll be watching for the resolution on this one.

Comment

Everyone should keep an eye on this thread, to see how it turns out.

Comment

Hope they don't turn a blind eye to the problem

Comment

I almost wish I was blind So I didnt have to read these shitty pun jokes. This is terrible work guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              I almost wish I was blind So I didnt have to read these shitty pun jokes. This is terrible work guys...
                              Your momma is a bad pun joke

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                                There's a big difference between totally blind and simply legally blind. I work with a guy that has to hold a book about 1 inch and can't see anything over at 50 yards, but if the screen is big enough he can watch TV and movies just fine.
                                It's the illegally blind that you have to watch out for.

Comment

Working...
                                X