Trading vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading vehicles

What's the best/cheapest way to go about paperwork for trading vehicles between two private parties?

Is it best to just do a bill of sale on each for like $500 to minimize taxes?

If it matters I'm in Collin county.

Thanks for any advice from folks who have swapped rides.
    2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
    1990 GT Convertible

Comment

doesnt matter the value if its an even trade

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        doesnt matter the value if its an even trade
        The fuck?

Comment

Originally posted by stang2be View Post
          What's the best/cheapest way to go about paperwork for trading vehicles between two private parties?

Is it best to just do a bill of sale on each for like $500 to minimize taxes?

If it matters I'm in Collin county.

Thanks for any advice from folks who have swapped rides.
          Just trade. no tax on that, plus bill of sales don't matter any more. they use their own pricing/get an appraisal from a local dealer (got hook ups?). <- thats only needed if you are using cash.
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for all the good info. so bill of sale really needed or just a cya?
            2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
            1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Take 2 Texas U-130 forms when you do the trade and fill them out at the bottom. You will need the Vin of the car you are trading on yours and just check the box even trade.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Correct but I always do them to read no as is no warranty or something like that.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

it's good to have, just to have the person's info, but it's not needed.
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Ok so I am thinking about trading the Mach for a Truck, even swap. Never done this before so I am trying to get all the steps right the first time.

We would need?
                    -Mach's title
                    -Trucks title
                    -2 form U130

Each person signs the respective vehicle title and fills out the shaded parts of the u130. Then we trade title's / u130s and head to respective registration office to get it switched to our own name.

Have I got it right?
                    Jon

Comment

As long as the value of both vehicles are close they should only charge 35-40$ for a title transfer. You can visit the site and see what they list both vehicles value at and make sure you file a vehicle transfer notice unless you want NTTA bills & red light tickets coming your way.

Comment

My brother traded his 00 Lightning for an 02 Harley Davidson F-150 and paid about $100 for transfer fees, plates, etc. The lady at the DMV told him he lucked out because the value of the Harley was more than the L, but right at the $2k threshold. Had it been over that, he wouldve paid more according to her. Im guessing taxes on the difference in value.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyhater01 View Post
                          ...make sure you file a vehicle transfer notice unless you want NTTA bills & red light tickets coming your way.
                          Make sure to keep your plates. It's even better than just filing the paperwork. Besides, you never know who is really a douchebag unless you let them run around in your tagged vehicle!
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                            Ok so I am thinking about trading the Mach for a Truck, even swap. Never done this before so I am trying to get all the steps right the first time.

We would need?
                            -Mach's title
                            -Trucks title
                            -2 form U130

Each person signs the respective vehicle title and fills out the shaded parts of the u130. Then we trade title's / u130s and head to respective registration office to get it switched to our own name.

Have I got it right?
                            Take your plates off.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Ive traded alot of vehicles over the years.. All I ever did was make a bill of sale to have the other persons info on it just in case.

But when It came down to getting the traded vehicle in my name all I handed over was the title, told them I traded straight even and walked out paying around 100$ and getting new plates. Never showed them the bill of sail.

YOu do have to have the info from your old vehicle. Basic info just vin, make, model, etc.

I always ask the other person not to date the title, nor do I. Mainly if its a non running vehicle or project. If for some reason it takes longer than the 22 days or whatever you can get charged more per day/month over the signed date from what ive heard

Comment

Working...
                              X