Rant on Rockwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant on Rockwall

Just finished building a house in the county. I am surrounded by city, but my street is county. Everything is a hassle. Street addresses are 1630, 1640, 2343, 2307, 2249...WTF would they do this? The numbers are all jacked up.

So neighbors up and down the street pay the CITY of Rockwall for trash pickup and they get a can...even though they are county. I call to get the service and get a run around telling me they don't service my street. I point out to them that my neighbors on either side of me have the service right now, yet they tell me "I am the cutoff" but can't tell me what that means. It seems that these other houses, having existed for 10 years or more, supposedly had building permits and that is how they have a record to bill them. BUT, we're all county and no building permits are required. They claim they do not have a way to bill me for the service. I call up two company's suggested IESI and Allied and they want to charge between $240 -$252 a year for trash pickup. Does this sound reasonable? Apparently, there are 3 different trash companies handling service on a street less than a half mile long.

That's pretty fargon expensive aside form the fact that they may be goin outta their way to provide you services.

Comment

Leave your trash in the neighbors front yard.

Comment

trash pickup in plano was 25-29 bucks a month for comparison....

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          trash pickup in plano was 25-29 bucks a month for comparison....
          Are you freakin kidding me? That's asinine!

Comment

My pickup is 20 bucks a month
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Fort Worth
              Code Service Description Amount
              GA SANITATION $17.75

So $213 a year for me.

So that charge doesn't seem extreme.

Comment

Damnit, you guys are gonna make me look at my bill and see how much they are fucking me for and imma be pissed.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

throw your trash in the street
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I lived in Rockwall for 5 years and will never go back. That is the single most chicken shit county in the state.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I pay $27 a month in Azle. Its a single cab old ford with a cage in the bed

Comment

Burn your trash in a 55 gallon drum

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                          Burn your trash in a 55 gallon drum
                          This or, go talk to a neighbor and ask how much it costs for an extra trash can, pay them for it and just start putting it out, oh and don't ask me how I know this works.
                          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            throw your trash in the street
                            x2

Comment

Just put your trash in a neighbors can. They will never notice just be sure you use the same color bags and divide the recyclables.

Or just get a can similar to theirs and just put it on the curb them fuckers will never know and they will pick it up.
                              Street car.

Comment

Working...
                              X