What to do in Washington DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in Washington DC

Its looking like I might be taking a spur of the moment trip to DC next week so what is a must see and what should I skip. It will be my first time there. I know I want to see the monuments, WW2 memorial and the Smithsonian air and space, but what else should I do. I'm going to have about 3 days to do stuff.

Might be cool to see the U.S. Capitol Building, the White House, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Catch a Caps game if you are into hockey.
      I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Try not to get mugged.....could be fun
        Stay away from Howard, they will take your clothes even if they are nice enough
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Fix the American economy. It should keep you pretty busy.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Do all the touristy stuff like you stated but also head over to Georgetown for dinner and a couple bars/clubs.

Comment

I think the first place I would check out would be the Lincoln Memorial and then JFK's Memorial and Eternal flame. And just check out all the National Monuments. I could spend hours in the Smithsonian. It's going to be damn cold this time of year.

Comment

I was just there last month. There is so much to do, you will find yourself out of time in a hurry. We visited the National Mall, which has the WWII, Korean, Vietnam War Memorials, the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial. We also took a tram tour around the National Cemetery, saw the Kennedys' grave, watched the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown, and learned a lot about the history of the cemetery. We enjoyed a dinner cruise on the Potomac River and saw Washington DC at night. Also, we visited the Smithsonian Air/Space Museum. I was only there for 2 days, and we where going non-stop while we where there.

Comment

If you're going to run around the mall, do yourself a favor and rent a mountain bike.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
                    I was just there last month. There is so much to do, you will find yourself out of time in a hurry. We visited the National Mall, which has the WWII, Korean, Vietnam War Memorials, the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial. We also took a tram tour around the National Cemetery, saw the Kennedys' grave, watched the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown, and learned a lot about the history of the cemetery. We enjoyed a dinner cruise on the Potomac River and saw Washington DC at night. Also, we visited the Smithsonian Air/Space Museum. I was only there for 2 days, and we where going non-stop while we where there.
                    The above is a good list, I was up in DC for 8 months and just go back so I will throw in the following. Since all the Smithsonian's are so close I would add in the Native American Indian Museum, the Asian Art Museum and the Western Art Museum. Hit the Air-Space museum early before all of the bad kids and frustrated parents get there.

Hit Georgetown area one night live Davbrucas mentioned, there are a few good bars right down there on the water and some right up the street. If you get a chance hit up Adams Morgan on 18th st and a bar called the Asylum, If you are in Chinatown there is a good bar called the Iron Horse Tap Room on 7th and F.

Let me know which part of town you are in and that can determine the best places to go close by. DO NOT rent a car just use the Metro to get around.

Also if you can, go to the National Harbor for dinner or drinks, the view is really great there.

Depending on the weather if you hit a warm day the boat the Nightingale gives an ok tour of DC via the water.

Here is a good link as well.

The list of free things to do in Washington, DC is headlined by Smithsonian museums, the National Gallery of Art, the monuments and memorials and annual events and festivals. Discover the best free attractions and things to do and make sure you cross all of these off of your bucket list on your next family trip!

Comment

D.C. is an incredible city. At some point (elected office not included) I would like to spend an extended period of time there to really take in a lot of history.

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
                        The above is a good list, I was up in DC for 8 months and just go back so I will throw in the following. Since all the Smithsonian's are so close I would add in the Native American Indian Museum, the Asian Art Museum and the Western Art Museum. Hit the Air-Space museum early before all of the bad kids and frustrated parents get there.

Hit Georgetown area one night live Davbrucas mentioned, there are a few good bars right down there on the water and some right up the street. If you get a chance hit up Adams Morgan on 18th st and a bar called the Asylum, If you are in Chinatown there is a good bar called the Iron Horse Tap Room on 7th and F.

Let me know which part of town you are in and that can determine the best places to go close by. DO NOT rent a car just use the Metro to get around.

Also if you can, go to the National Harbor for dinner or drinks, the view is really great there.

Depending on the weather if you hit a warm day the boat the Nightingale gives an ok tour of DC via the water.

Here is a good link as well.

http://washington.org/visiting/brows...e-things-to-do
                        I appreciate the info, I'm going down with a friend who was just stationed at Andrews so I'll be staying by the base. Going to drive down and fly back, should be in DC Wednesday and flying back Sunday.

Comment

That is a killer(long) drive, are you going to do it in one day or two? Which route are you thinking about taking?

Comment

Doing it in 3 days, and I have no idea what route I'm just along for the ride.

Comment

Working...
                            X