X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian woman’s bungee cord snaps above African river

VIDEO: Australian woman’s bungee cord snaps above African river

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz1itV61iq9

A 22-year-old Australian thrill-seeker miraculously survived after her bungee cord snapped during a death-defying dive over crocodile infested waters in Africa on New Year's Eve, according to local reports.

Erin Laung Worth told Australia's Channel 9 that her feet were still bound together after she plummeted into the rapids below the 360-foot Victoria Falls bridge on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia.

"It went black straight away and I felt like I'd been slapped all over," Worth told the station.

"It was quite scary because a couple of times the rope actually got caught on some rocks or debris," the Aussie adrenalin junkie added.

"I actually had to swim down and yank the bungee cord out of whatever it was caught on to make it to the surface."

Worth said she eventually swam to the Zimbabwe side of the river, where rescuers came to her aid.

“When I was first pulled out of the water, they put me on my back and so all the water that I'd inhaled meant that I couldn't breathe so I made them roll me on to my side and that's when I started coughing out water and blood," she said.

Worth was treated for injuries at a local clinic before being flown to a South African hospital, Channel 9 said.

The jump was organized by a company called Safari Par Excellency, which prices it's bungee jumps at $120.

"Not for the faint hearted!” the company's website boasts.

LOL @ the video reporter. "The company says the faulty cord has been replaced." Oh, no shit?! Damn, her back got fucked up. Very lucky.

Comment

wouldn't you be a bit wary of doing a jump from a bridge already named after some poor girl called Victoria who had fallen from there previously?

Comment

That is exactly why I don't bungee jump. I would go sky diving because I know that the instructor values his life and he is strapped to me. I go scuba diving because I have my own equipment. Bungee, they are trying to maximize profits, which might mean that they neglect maintenance

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            That is exactly why I don't bungee jump. I would go sky diving because I know that the instructor values his life and he is strapped to me. I go scuba diving because I have my own equipment. Bungee, they are trying to maximize profits, which might mean that they neglect maintenance
            Did you see how frayed the cord was? There's no way I'd trust that to hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
              Haha!
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                Excellent!
                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

^^^^ has a new avatar.....nice!

Comment

Working...
                  X