Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP of the day

Dallas officers rescue mother, 3 girls from fire at Red Bird home

Two Dallas police officers rescued a mother and her three young daughters from an overnight fire at their Red Bird home.

No one was hurt in the fire at the home in the 700 block of West Red Bird Lane, near South Polk Street.

The two officers, one of them a new recruit, were patrolling the area about 2:45 this morning when they saw flames coming from the home. They alerted Dallas Fire-Rescue and knocked on the front door.

When no one answered, the younger officer kicked in the back door of the home. Inside they found the mother asleep, along with her three girls, ages 4, 7 and 8. All four escaped the home safely.

"It took great bravery to do what they did," the officers' supervisor, Sgt. Benny Handley, told KFDW-TV (Channel 4).

Firefighters arrived shortly afterward and quickly extinguished the fire. Investigators say the blaze started in a metal fireplace that the family had been using the night before.

Also Online
    Live map: Where Dallas Fire-Rescue units are now
    The Red Cross is helping the family find emergency housing.

Neither the mother nor the officers who saved the family had been identified this morning.

Who do these guys think they are? Damn revenue generators.

Good job by those officers!
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

I wonder how many dogs were shot on the way in, and if they smuggled in the meth lab equipment before, or after they got the family out.

Good deed they did. I've always wanted to run in to a burning building, just for the rush.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

03trubluGT probably started that fire.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
          03trubluGT probably started that fire.
          lol..

Comment

Working...
          X