Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know who is offering the best APR on used automotive loans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know who is offering the best APR on used automotive loans?

Credit Union of Texas had 1.99% until the end of the year, we didn't find anything by then and now the rate is 2.49%. Just wondering if anyone has seen any other lenders offering any better rates then that.

Thanks.

Navy Federal

But only if you were/are navy.
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Penfed

Comment

Yea, PenFed is still 1.99% for up to 48 months. 2.49% up to 60 months. PenFed seems to always be the cheapest of the credit unions when it comes to car loans. My credit union, InTouch CU, sometimes matches their rates but I've never seen them beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
          Penfed
          Love them.

Comment

state farm was going to give me 2.9 for 72 months on my 2010 f250.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
              Credit Union of Texas had 1.99% until the end of the year, we didn't find anything by then and now the rate is 2.49%. Just wondering if anyone has seen any other lenders offering any better rates then that.

Thanks.
              Navy Fed

Comment

Thanks.
                wait- why cant you pay cash for your car?

/Dave Ramsey

Comment

Another vote for Penfed. They gave me 1.49% on my 10' F-250 and 1.99% on my bike. I believe their offering 1.99 right now.
                  The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

Comment

Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                      wait- why cant you pay cash for your car?

/Dave Ramsey
                      at 1.99% it really doesn't make sense to shell out 25k of savings at one time, hell, with the way the gov keeps printing money i'd imagine 1.99% doesn't even keep up.

those with penfed, does anyone know what the restrictions are on used cars, like years/mileages. trying to see if i'd have to go 36month for an 08 w/70k or if they'd do 48month.

Comment

another thumbs up for penfed...i've used them a few times, now. 1.99 on a 48 month or 2.49 on a 60 month (maybe up to 72). great customer service as well!

Comment

are all of you federal employees or military? i see that for like 15 you can join some organization that will allow you to become a member, is that what most of you are doing?

Comment

are all of you federal employees or military? i see that for like 15 you can join some organization that will allow you to become a member, is that what most of you are doing?
                            I told them I had a family member who is military ( bro in law is) and it worked fine. Everytime i log in to the account it has a message saying i need to fill out this form. Part of the form asks for the family member that is military S.S #. I have never filled it out. It has been 6 months and 2 auto loans and no problems with them. I have contacted them by phone numerous times when I was having trouble getting the title to my truck from the dealer and they have never brought it up.
                            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

at 1.99% it really doesn't make sense to shell out 25k of savings at one time, hell, with the way the gov keeps printing money i'd imagine 1.99% doesn't even keep up.

those with penfed, does anyone know what the restrictions are on used cars, like years/mileages. trying to see if i'd have to go 36month for an 08 w/70k or if they'd do 48month.
                              They'll do 48 months with no problems for that vehicle as long as it is under NADA value. I believe they'll do up to 48 months for any car under 100k miles and isn't more than NADA. Year of vehicle doesn't matter.

I have an uncle that is retired military.

Comment

Working...
                              X