seen something kind of unexpected Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seen something kind of unexpected Friday

We were up at the RedRiver at http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/ riding the trails. As we are riding towards the the river on one of the trails, something red and white goes streaking down the river. When we get to the river bank, there are two planes sitting on the sand bar and the red and white one is taxing back down the sand bar to join the other two.I have been going up there for years and have never seen that.

These were some kind of two seater tail draggers. We were wondering how they would get up to speed on the soft uneven sand, but they were up in the air with little issue. There was a guy on a dirt bike with a helmet cam, that would chase them when they took off.

Just not something that I get to see everyday. and of course non of us had a camera.
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

eye seent that two

Comment

If they were small 2 seaters, they could have been Piper Cubs. Notoriously strong air frames, and will take off from a stand still in less than 50 feet with a strong enough head wind.

Piper super cub taking off in 18 feet, approx 6 metres

Comment

Comment

Like this?

A piper cub can practically lift off in a stiff breeze.

Something like a 33kt stall speed

Comment

You seen it huh?
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

It was Batman

Comment

It was de cartels

Comment

The must have had treadmills.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I sawn that too

Comment

I've been up there several times but never seen anyone land a plane on the sand bars.
                      Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

I guess that's one way to get out of paying the entry fee.

Comment

Two seaters are really popular now-days with the retired fliers... You don't need a physical to fly one and their range is relatively low. My Uncle in law owns a company here in Texas that builds the yellow ones. Expensive toy.
                          Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                            Two seaters are really popular now-days with the retired fliers... You don't need a physical to fly one and their range is relatively low. My Uncle in law owns a company here in Texas that builds the yellow ones. Expensive toy.
                            wat?

What does having a 2-seater have to do with needing a physical?

Comment

Working...
                            X