Gota Love Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Yeah, but I'm taking medications for it and haven't been violent since the VA got me on medications. I think I'm doing pretty well on controlling my psychotic impulses. Wouldn't you say so?
    I don't know you, so I can't say. Maybe you control your impulses well. Your thoughts, not so much.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I don't know you, so I can't say. Maybe you control your impulses well. Your thoughts, not so much.
      Maybe it's his thoughts that are saving us right now cause if he's killing us with his mind it might curb the impulses.

Comment

• Okay. I can not stand this any more.

I am a Tech at a dealership in Dallas area. I get cars/trucks all the time for a noise or something the owners are not happy about. Some times we can not duplicate the concern. It happens. IF WE CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE NOISE/CONCERN, WE CAN NOT FIX IT AT THAT TIME........

Sometimes, we can not fix the concern ( at dealership level) due to fact, it is that's Ford is supplied with piss poor parts, or bad engineering!

I am involved with a 2012 Mustang. Simple noise to fix. The front control arm's make rubbing sound going over speed bumps. TSB says replace lower control arms.

5 sets of control arms later, this car still makes the noise after 1000-2500 miles! Even had the Ford engineer in charge of NVH on Mustangs in my stall helping. Now has 15k on it.

I have replaced ALL the arms ( per TSB), both front struts (FSE), front sway bar assy( FSE), engine k-member and the catyist per (FSE) and the Ford Engineers. To this day the car still makes the noise. I am going to park it on some rail road tracks and tell the Shop Foreman... opps BTW... Found out the lower arm's bushings that make the noise are now made in China... hmmm

FSE means Field Service Engineer.... to those that do not know....

I hate this Mustang.

To the OP..... Not every noise/ concern is easy to fix. Yours might be.... IF it is done with a Tech that knows how to fix it; Its a known easy fix; there is a fix for it; you have the ability to endure the noise during the atempts to fix it if it is random.
        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

• True story on the Mustang control arm noise, every rental I've had sounds like shit! It's kinda embarassing driving through parking lots.

Comment

• I doubt that this will help you on your quest for a truck that makes no noise at all, while driving down America's roads.

Was a bit of a rant about a Mustang, with a noise that is NOT serious. No safety issues. No chance of component failure. No danger to driving this vehicle. Just a noise. With radio off or low setting, a/c off or low, only time while hitting a speed bump can you hear this noise.

To the OP.... Find a GOOD dealer.... Be polite. Duplicate the concern.... If they can not fix it.... Trade it time.....
            Some cars and a bike...

Comment

• Originally posted by SC457A View Post
              Okay. I can not stand this any more.

I am a Tech at a dealership in Dallas area. I get cars/trucks all the time for a noise or something the owners are not happy about. Some times we can not duplicate the concern. It happens. IF WE CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE NOISE/CONCERN, WE CAN NOT FIX IT AT THAT TIME........

Sometimes, we can not fix the concern ( at dealership level) due to fact, it is that's Ford is supplied with piss poor parts, or bad engineering!

I am involved with a 2012 Mustang. Simple noise to fix. The front control arm's make rubbing sound going over speed bumps. TSB says replace lower control arms.

5 sets of control arms later, this car still makes the noise after 1000-2500 miles! Even had the Ford engineer in charge of NVH on Mustangs in my stall helping. Now has 15k on it.

I have replaced ALL the arms ( per TSB), both front struts (FSE), front sway bar assy( FSE), engine k-member and the catyist per (FSE) and the Ford Engineers. To this day the car still makes the noise. I am going to park it on some rail road tracks and tell the Shop Foreman... opps BTW... Found out the lower arm's bushings that make the noise are now made in China... hmmm

FSE means Field Service Engineer.... to those that do not know....

I hate this Mustang.

To the OP..... Not every noise/ concern is easy to fix. Yours might be.... IF it is done with a Tech that knows how to fix it; Its a known easy fix; there is a fix for it; you have the ability to endure the noise during the atempts to fix it if it is random.
              We had this problem on MLs and we found nothing works better than a light coat of wheel bearing grease on the bushings. Never had one come back after that.
              Originally posted by Marisa
              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                Why should I fix it when it's brand new and has a warranty. All it takes to fix the squeek is a new seat. It's a metal on metal sound and plenty of people are having the same problems. Same thing with the back glass.
                So what is different about this new seat that will keep it from squeaking? did manufacturing change its design or tolerances? If not wouldn't it also make the same noise? Replacing parts isn't always the best solution, probably just needs the right kind of lube in the right spot.
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                  So what is different about this new seat that will keep it from squeaking? did manufacturing change its design or tolerances? If not wouldn't it also make the same noise? Replacing parts isn't always the best solution, probably just needs the right kind of lube in the right spot.
                  I find that fixes most of my problems as well
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Man FT at first I kind of agreed with ya, but you did not take anyones advise. Nothing is going to get done about it there or with corporate. Fix the window yourself and take that seat apart and lube/WD40 it.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by SC457A View Post

Damn, I have the noise on mine at 4k
                      2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

• He's not going to listen to you guys. None of you are in a mechanic's union.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          He's not going to listen to you guys. None of you are in a mechanic's union.
                          I'm in a one man union called "I negotiate my own goddamned salary and benefits because I don't have a vagina." Does that count?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                            I'm in a one man union called "I negotiate my own goddamned salary and benefits because I don't have a vagina." Does that count?
                            Need a cookie?

Comment

• Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                              We had this problem on MLs and we found nothing works better than a light coat of wheel bearing grease on the bushings. Never had one come back after that.
                              I wish I could do that. Its a sealed hydrobushing. Better NVH... Ha
                              Some cars and a bike...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                Man FT at first I kind of agreed with ya, but you did not take anyones advise. Nothing is going to get done about it there or with corporate. Fix the window yourself and take that seat apart and lube/WD40 it.
                                But that makes too much sense and gives him nothing to overreact about...

Comment

Working...
                                X